back up sights

shawn68

Here it goes guys,

You know how the Accog has built in Irons on top of the bell. I want to do something like this on a high magnification variable scope.

I use the scope for coyote calling. The prob is when they come in to close. You cant acquire the target fast enough and if you do, the cross hairs are invisible at 8x...

How can I mount some sort of back up sighting system for say 100 yards and closer.

It would be cool to mount something like a set of Novak pistol night sights on my scope.

The only real problem, is the top adjustment knob.

Any thoughts or ideas?

I tried to post a picture but it didn't come out. Go to JP Rifle's websight and look at the JPoint sight with the piggyback mount that will put it right on top of the scope; sounds exactly what you're looking for.

It looks good but surely there must be something you can put on the side of a pic. rail?

Thats soooooooooo cool, but what about tactical turets?

Is poi changed with a dot scope when it is canted?

Looks like a doctor reddot.

I guess you could try an ARMSON OEG sight if turrets are a problem. They are also TRITIUM lit. Not sure If I'd rely too much on an OEG above 60yards though.

That close in - thought about Laser?

I use a Glock Model 20 (10mm) for my "back up sights"... It's fast to draw out of my shoulder holster and holds 15+1 rds in case things get a bit hairy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Or you could get one of the Swarovski new Z6 series of scopes... They come in very wide magnification ranges like 2-12x50 and lower... Best of all worlds for predator hunting where ranges vary wildly.

$bob$

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.