Ontario Ground Hawgs

Chilly Willy

I've been hearing that ground hawgs are hard to find these days in any numbers. I've been lucky to secure a couple dozen feilds that have yeilded some great shooting so far this year. We're up to 50+ in the last couple weeks (3 trips) using a 220 Swift VSSF, 243 WSSM Browning Varmint Stalker, 204 Ruger Thompson Encore Pro Hunter and a 25 WSSM Browning Varmint Stalker. From what I've seen so far this year, the quarter bore and the 6mm do a great job of anchoring those really big 6lb plus hawgs out past 300 yards. The smaller bores shine inside 250 allowing the shooter to see the carnage through the scope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Temps are through the roof here now so it won't be until late July that we get back out after the second cut of alphalfa is off and hopefully temps are down a bit. Yesterdays 3 hour hunt was in 95 degree high sky conditions in the middle of the day, and still netted us 10 kills. can't beat dirt pig hunting to sharpen up those LR skills

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts