One binocular to rule the mountains

I have the Leica 10x42 geovid hdb2200 and love them I've just been looking at the new victory because mine only give dope to 1010 yards a friend has then victory rf10x42 Glass I can't tell a difference but ranging is about the same but I like that it gives moa to as far as it ranges and the zeiss 10x42 seem smaller than my geovid 10x42 that why I though maybe the 10x54 would be just a tough bigger and about the same weight
I think my 10x54 RF is 39 oz.

i recently sold a pair of 7x50 commanders that i had sent to them for cleaning a few weeks before i sold them for $375. You might have liked those.

I have a pair of 10x42 Predators for 18 yrs. Got the after a Newfoundland moose hunt that crapped out my Bushnells. Rained everyday.

10X42 power is the good ole work horse. If I was to purchase a new set, it would have built in range finding capabilities such as the Leica brand. Whatever you do, purchase the best you can afford or better yet save your pennies until you can purchase in the alpha class.

Vortex still has some 10x42 hd Talons floating around in websites they are awesome and since the model is discontinued you can get a pair for a good deal

If I was looking at buying one magnification of binocular to cover most Western style hunting what type and magnification does everyone recommend? Thanks
I do all western hunting and ended up with el 12x50. I've had 10x50s but the 12s made it easier to pick out high mountain mulies

I have a pair of 10x42 Predators for 18 yrs. Got the after a Newfoundland moose hunt that crapped out my Bushnells. Rained everyday.
I would think the trips back to Cape May would become less and less desirable after being in Stuart for awhile.
The 150 mile round trip to the Baltimore would buy a plane ticket for sure.

I was bouncing back between HD-B 10x42 and Swaro 15x56 and finally ended up with EL 12x50 as a compromise. Best position is seated with your elbows on your knees and/or leaning against something to make sure you are steady

I was bouncing back between HD-B 10x42 and Swaro 15x56 and finally ended up with EL 12x50 as a compromise. Best position is seated with your elbows on your knees and/or leaning against something to make sure you are steady
Mine loves the tripod

Mine loves the tripod
I bought the Bod cradle, not as nice as the shell you made but it's universal.
A little off subject but I went back and forth with the Swaro 15x56 and the Nikon 16x56 side by side many evenings and the Swaros edged by a few minutes in daylight but the Nikons were just as clear and had better color. Given the fact that I can get the Nikons(make sure to get the Japan model, not Phillipines) for ~$400 used I sold the Swaros. If I get my hunting area back, big open hills with roads, I will probably get a pair of the Nikon 20x56 which are almost like have a set of big eyes. Nice to have without a $1,500 investment.

I run a older pair of Leica 10x50's, can hold them steady without a tripod, but have a outdoorsman's stud on them for the tripod for extended glassing sessions. Quality glass will make your glassing a lot more enjoyable, with less eye fatigue. Good luck with what ever you choose.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.