Old timer, still at it.

Indian7953

I am an avid outdoorsman, hunter, fisherman and target shooter, living in Washington state. My quest is for the lightest, farthest shooting, most accurate, all weather elk rifle so this old man can still get over the mountain and get the big one. That rifle would double as a deer, caribou, moose and sheep gun as well. I hunt Colorado, Idaho and Alaska high country mostly for elk, deer but was blessed with my first Dahl sheep in 2018, a moose and caribou in 2014.
I have tried a titanium 700 7mm saum, 264 Win Mag, 270 Win, currently breaking in a 7mm Rem Christensen Ridgeline. I have been reloading since 1969 and love looking for that one hole gun and reload.
I like learning from this forum.

Welcome to LRH from Colorado.
I'm sure you can share some of that knowledge you've attained from those years of reloading.

Yes Welcome to the forum , tell us what your feeding your newest Rifle ,inquiring minds you know!, plus I just bought an older 7mag /700 with a blued ss/bbl ,had some brass still love the Round!!! .:)

Yes Welcome to the forum , tell us what your feeding your newest Rifle ,inquiring minds you know!, plus I just bought an older 7mag /700 with a blued ss/bbl ,had some brass still love the Round!!! .:)
7mm Rem Mag with a 26 inch barrel I'm getting 2900 ft./s with federal factory ammo with 175 grain soft points. It shoots this load under one MOA. I bought the federals to do my initial break-in and I am experimenting with 175 grain ELDX with Retumbo powder woking up through 67 grains, also I am experimenting with 162 grain ELDX at 69 gr. of Retumbo and 180 grain Burgers with 67 gr. Retumbo. I haven't settled on any one yet, but the 162 ELDX are looking promising.

Welcome to LRH. Great to have you on board.
There will be a lot of opinion on a pet rifle. You already
Have some fine rifles there. Im partial to 27 and 28 caliber. 35 whelen is a favorite too.
Thank you. I also have a 280 Remington that I have been thinking about Acklying, he had a good thing going.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.