Old Simmons 3.8-12X44 MAG. scope FFP???

Speedygoss

OK, so I'm getting ready to do a little predator population management at one of my favorite deer hunting locations here in AZ. I dig my old Remington 700 ADL .22-250 out that has an old Simmons 3.8-12x44 scope on it. (The 44 mag scope.) Long story short I realize that the diamond reticle changes size and stays in relation to the target throughout its magnification range! I can not find any info about if this is a FFP scope online. I was wondering if any of you knew anything about it? I mean this is an Inexpensive, older out of date not sold anymore scope that appears to me to be FFP.

I remember those scopes and I don't think they were FFP............ What kind of windage holds does it have?

OK, so I'm getting ready to do a little predator population management at one of my favorite deer hunting locations here in AZ. I dig my old Remington 700 ADL .22-250 out that has an old Simmons 3.8-12x44 scope on it. (The 44 mag scope.) Long story short I realize that the diamond reticle changes size and stays in relation to the target throughout its magnification range! I can not find any info about if this is a FFP scope online. I was wondering if any of you knew anything about it? I mean this is an Inexpensive, older out of date not sold anymore scope that appears to me to be FFP.
I've just picked one of these scopes up but can't find info on using the reticle: long shot but can you explain it's rangefinding technique?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.