Okay here is my story

Red Neck

I was drawn for a mangement mule deer hunt in Black Gap WMA(Big Bend)TX.Well the hunt started off on friday 10:00AM we all met at the ranger station to check in and be assigined an area to hunt.We got out there at about 2:30. I perched my self up on some high ground over looking a gully and a guzzler did not see any thing. the next morning I positioned my self up on ridge also over looking a guzzler saw nothing but a coyote. That night I sat in the same postition I saw two does but that was it.Then the last morning of the hunt (today) I sat on a mountian over looking a vally and two gullys. at about 7:50AM two does walked in to the fally bellow about 700 yards away. I glassed 50 yards behind them and spoted a nice 3x3. I decided to take him since it was the last day of the hunt. I set up in postion dialed in my scope for 550. I told my spoter to tell me when he got in this range. My spoter told me and the buck stoped walking at 543 I put the crose hars behind his shoulder and let one loose. He walked about 15 yards foward spun around and fell to the floor he kicked for about 50 seconds and then expired. the does did not even run off they just miled around and sniffed the area were I had shot him. The round hit right behind the shoulder for a heart/lounge shot the Federal 175 Gold Metal passed completly through. The exit wound was about the size of a silver dollar.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.