OK Evaluate these..Be honest good or bad..

W

*WyoWhisper*

Here are groups I shot Today Feb 26 and a pic of the conditons I shot in so as not to say they were perfect conditons.. to say the least there were gusts from the micro-burst that would be from dead calm to stead 10mph to 2o mph.. frustraighing but great for learning..

Both Targets are prone from a bi pod...

I missread conditions on the first one but got corected on the second.

A5 308 750 yards 175 SMK 2725 fps
P2263708.jpg

yeah yeah I know 3 shosts right well I moved out to 895 yards and shot 6

1_P2263709.jpg

no here's a look at the conditons...

P2263706.jpg

not the best

Looks to me like Ya need one more click of elivation. Also looks to me as if you should be able to kill just about any thing out to 900. with that gun Now try 10
grin.gif
My best with my 270 WSM at 1000 was 19 inches SO I'd say past 700 you'd probibly do better than my ol FACTORY gun.
smile.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif

Let's all chip in and buy Ric some targets worthy of his good shooting.
smile.gif

Better yet, I just emailed you a jpg file you can use to print on your own paper. (your targets are just embarrassingly ratty!)
tongue.gif

Also shown below. The lines are far enough apart and small enough to not hide the bullet holes. (you're supposed to put the bullet inside the big space between the lines, however)
orig.jpg

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

The three shots you are showing on the first target is a VERY GOOD three shot group..The second target has me puzzeled.Why six shots instead of 5 or 10???But the 6 are a decent group at that range.875 yards right?Sorry I see now 895 .

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Hi Ric
I would be extremely happy to have shot these groups especially the 750 yd one.
I have not seen a factory rifle capable of that level of accuracy in 35 years of shooting. That Rock barrel is a shooter.
Are they easier to clean than others because of the 5R?

Very nice groups Ric!

I see about 3" of vertical in the 6 shot group at 895, that's very respectable from any bipod shootin in my book!

She sho is capable!
smile.gif

Those look awesome to me. Seriously, I would be very proud to shoot like that from anything I own at this point.

I cant beleive you guys dont have more snow than that!! We have had 1-2 ft on the ground it seams like since before Christmas and snow permanantly on the ground since the first snow on halloween. Not been a good winter for practicing shooting I will tell ya that much. Snowing and frozen rain falling as i type right now. New finish on the stock drying as I type though
wink.gif
So not all time is wasted!!

Aw come on now Rick. Here we go to bat for ya and you post some cheesey groups like that! Tell ya what, box that rifle up and ship it to me. I'll destroy it for you so you can get a real rifle
grin.gif

Nice groups, but I do like your scenery better.

Boyd, knowing the particulars of your .187 group, thats some nice shooting! Did you ever find a reason why they would go to heck at 1000 yards?

Boyd,

To be completly Honest.. the 6 shot group went like this...

I shot the 3 shot grop and new I "hit" the target 18" wide and I new I was low but I didn't know by how much.. I could see the dirt being kicked up as I shot...

I then drove out to the target and saw how far I missread conditons DOH!!!!

I put up another target... and then went back to the rifle.. on my way back another micro-burst came through.. and the conditons changed completely!! again DOH!!

I made adjustments and then fired 1 shot.. from the looks of everythign I was right on target.. I then loaded the mag and fired 5 more... 6 shots total..

I went from 1 minute of wind on the first group ( missread ) to almost 4 minutes on the second group but get this, the first group I had a left to right wind and the second I had a right to left wind... now that is shooting through conditions!
These groups we shot within 5 - 10 min of each other.

sako7stw.. where you at??

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts