Howa 1500?? Good or Bad?

i have three howas and wouldn't buy another action. I love them. DSCF2314.jpg
this was shot with my howa factory barrel .243 @100

i have three howas and wouldn't buy another action. I love them. View attachment 59375
this was shot with my howa factory barrel .243 @100
Top left corner of the previous thread is the date. I haven't had much to do with howa but my dad just sold two of his other guns to buy one of there 223's. I wasn't impressed but not discussed. The one BIG problem I had was one of the lugs wasn't contacting at all. Fit and finnish was in line with cost, l so so trigger.

I have 2 of the Weatherby Vanguards - a 243 and a 7mm08 and just had a 1500 follow me home in a 308.

The 243 shot a 4-shot group at 500 yards that's smaller than a business card (2.5"x1.5"). The 7mm08 puts 5 inside of an inch and this 308 is looking like it's going to enjoy the 165 SGK pushed by 4451.
Triggers are adjustable on the Vanguards and can be dropped down light enough for a hunting rig to be very sweet. Still need to play with the 1500 a bit more.
They are not what you'd consider as a light weight rifle. But, they aren't all that bad to tote around on the mountains.
There are definitely worse choices out on the market to pick.

Here's the 500 yard-4-shot group I mentioned:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.