Ohaus scale

might have an opportunity to pick up an ohaus 310 scale for $50. is it worth it, or should i just keep looking for a RCBS 304?
look at the bottom of your rcbs... it probably says it's made by ohaus on it.... mine does.... Toss a couple of check weights or bullets on the ohaus and if she works well and you need it, go for it...

I am confident that RCBS doesn't make their 304 scale in their Oroville CA. shop. So they get it from somebody who's primary focus is on building scales. From all appearances, the RCBS 304 is identical (or nearly so) to the Ohaus 310. For fifty bucks I'd opt for the Ohaus, get a powder pan and buy a nice steak dinner with the savings. :D
RETRACTION FOLLOWS ..................

Last edited:
at this point, i have a digital scale, but have an opportunity at an ohaus 310 gram scale, hope that clears it up. the reason i want the beam scale is they are uber accurate. i used a RCBS 304 the very first time i loaded, and fell in love. cannot find them anywhere since they no longer make them.

Thanks guys. The only thing I see is having to make conversions from grams to grains

Ooops - I overlooked that little detail. That'd make a huge difference in my choice. Doing the math and realizing that you have to check and double check every calculation to give you the load accuracy you'd be looking for (not to mention whether or not the Ohaus can weigh accurately enough down to half a grain - something like .032399455 grams) I'll retract that first comment.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.