OCW opinions...?????

Ok.... just got back from the range... I loaded up 45.5gr and seated bullets at .005" to .075" off the lands.... I can't say I'm not happy. There were a couple I made a ---- shot but there is a couple real decent groups, granted it's only 3 shots but it looks pretty consistent.....thoughts?View attachment 131140
Here's the order guess I should've stated this.... it goes from furthest to closest

Screenshot_20190419-115742_Gallery.jpg

forgiving the flyers on .055 and .035 groups and with a nice group in the middle I would go on .045" off lands or confirm with finer COLs on that range

I'm gonna load up some at .045" & run out to 250y and see how it holds up, I'll post results asap...... gotta say I'm pretty proud of the rifle, especially since it's a 100% factory barrel and action!

That is looking great! I agree with the several options for seating depths. All in all you have a great load. Now to get your velocity and build your charts!!

I wish I had fewer activities going on this spring. So many things going on that prevent me from range time...

Here's a question, if you allow the barrel to cool between each group during an OCW test ,is it necessary to shoot it round Robin style? What's your thoughts?

Here's a question, if you allow the barrel to cool between each group during an OCW test ,is it necessary to shoot it round Robin style? What's your thoughts?
This is one aspect of the prescribed OCW that I ignore. If I was shooting a bench gun off a benchrest, I suppose it wouldn't matter.

But for a person shooting the way normal people shoot, the constant changing of position adds in more variables than you are theoretically eliminating. Consistent body position, cheek weld etc. are far more important than a few more rounds worth of fouling on group sizes.

This is one aspect of the prescribed OCW that I ignore. If I was shooting a bench gun off a benchrest, I suppose it wouldn't matter.

But for a person shooting the way normal people shoot, the constant changing of position adds in more variables than you are theoretically eliminating. Consistent body position, cheek weld etc. are far more important than a few more rounds worth of fouling on group sizes.
So you don't shoot it round robin?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.