Nx8? As good as nxs? Nightforce

I've owned both. A 5.5-22 and a 4-32. Never had them side by side but I sure like the nx8. Eyebox can be a little finicky at higher power on the nx8. I do like the power range. Low power for hunting and high power for at the range. I did a lot of shopping around and couldn't find anything that was equal or better for the price of the 8. Bottom line is you'll be happy with either but if it were my money I would buy the nx8

Is the nx8 as solid as the nx8?
Pros / cons
Thank you
I've owned both. A 5.5-22 and a 4-32. Never had them side by side but I sure like the nx8. Eyebox can be a little finicky at higher power on the nx8. I do like the power range. Low power for hunting and high power for at the range. I did a lot of shopping around and couldn't find anything that was equal or better for the price of the 8. Bottom line is you'll be happy with either but if it were my money I would buy the nx8
im a little afraid to go with the nx8 until we see how reliable it will be
So far its just been crickets of any issues

I have owned both and both are good scopes. I do prefer the NX8 a wee bit more only because of the weight savings over the NXS. As for the glass being better than the other? Well, I can't tell a difference with my old eyes. Also, found that at the very upper range with the NX8 it could be difficult to align correctly behind the scope…when in a hunting situation; not so much on a stable bench.

What sort of "reliability" concerns would you expect from the NX8? The eye box issue at high mag are known and expected for an 8x scope. Other than getting a lemon I think NF hangs their hat on being reliable. Would you expect any trouble dealing with their customer service? I haven't had my hands on one of these yet but a 4-32 is pretty much on the top of my list too for next build because the capability, weight, size and cost. Best scope I own is a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14. I hope the glass is at least that good on the NF.

Thank you

im a little afraid to go with the nx8 until we see how reliable it will be
So far its just been crickets of any issues

It's because NF doesn't put out unreliable optics. They're known for their durability / reliability.

Only negative I've ever heard about the NX8 is the finicky eye box. And that's a 50/50 deal. Some people love them and some people hate them. Reliability will not be an issue with a NF.