Shooting today didnt go as good as usual

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Block City, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Block City

Block City Member

I learned a good lesson today , I eat a big lunch today and then done some practice shooting , whew its hard to hold your breath with a full belly ,lol i didnt do bad but ive done better and so much more comfortable doing it . Wanted to share this with you all so you wouldnt make the same mistake .....

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. You should be exhaling when your ready to squeeze the trigger. But note taken.

Tank

3. Block City

Block City Member

Thanks i always held my breath after taking a breath and it seemed to work but very exhausting after several shots , lol Do you have anymore good helpful hints ......

4. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

Actually..in competition shooting, they say that you shouldnt eat right before you shoot. I dont know if its true but they say that you don't get as much blood flow to your eyes after eating because all of your energy goes to digesting your food and not to your eyesite.

5. Block City

Block City Member

I agree 100% i know i didnt get enough oxygen to my brain ,lol dont know if i had any eye sight problems didnt notice that , but i learned my lesson ......

6. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Sound advice especially if one is going to be shooting from the prone.

7. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath.

Exhale slowly and evenly and when you get to the bottom pause and fire.

This thread has a TON of good shooting tips.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/trigger-timing-training-practice-80572/

8. load

load Well-Known Member

100% true! Its because the blood is in your stomach digesting. also you should NOT be exhaling when the trigger goes off. release 7/8 breath and hold. this is the relaxation/hypnosis state. then release between heartbeatsgun)