NuFletch

Mike K/NJ

Vane damage seems to be a very big issue shooting a Tac so I sent NuFletch an email asking if they could make their NuFletch APE tails in the 60/120 4 vane configuration for the PSE Tac arrows. It sure would make this all too frequent fetching repair job easier.

Well I heard back from NuFletch and they said it wasn't possible. The 4 vane configuration removes too much material for it to be strong enough. I find it hard to believe that we shoot the most high tech crossbow out there, and we can't come up with a better fletching option or method. I guess its going to take awhile for crossbows to catch up to the compound market.

Well I heard back from NuFletch and they said it wasn't possible. The 4 vane configuration removes too much material for it to be strong enough. I find it hard to believe that we shoot the most high tech crossbow out there, and we can't come up with a better fletching option or method. I guess its going to take awhile for crossbows to catch up to the compound market.
What do they mean by "removing too much material"?

I think it has something to do with cutting the slots for the 4 vane arrangement. He also mentioned about not having the proper nock for the Tac. I'm not sure what he meant by that.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.