NRA Troubles Continues

No I mean the real issue not the reaction of people working to the solution. What's your solution to the mental health issue and gun ownership WHILE working in the construct of the Constitution!

We already have a system to deal with the mentally ill. The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits the purchase or possession of firearms by people who have been formally and involuntarily committed to mental health or drug treatment by a court, mental health board, or other legal commission.

Some perspective.

El Salvador leads the world in firearms related deaths 40.29 per 100,000 people. America is 31st at 3.85 per 100,000. As of 2016 via Source: Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. That also includes 2/3 being SUICIDE, self defense shootings and police shootings.. America has 350 million people. There are 38,000 firearm related death in America. That is hardly an epidemic. That is more a gang problem. Not mentally ill problem. America's major cities have the highest crime rates in the country, which, have the the most strict GUN CONTROL, WITH THE HIGHEST crime rates in the country.

CDC even reported guns are used more to save lives than they take. Anywhere between 500,000 to 3 million a year.

This 'mentally ill' is being used to confiscate guns, this is now a political weapon that is being promoted by both parties and the NRA. We have tools now and they refuse to use them. This should not be instituted in American law. You hear the leftist call people who believe and want to protect and uphold the Constitution CRAZY?

You see where this is going?

Last edited:
If it were not for the local level support financially through grants and programs there would be ZERO shooting sports left, like any organization they may rub someone wrong over something but given the entirety of what the NRA does on a daily basis from small local towns to the national legislation it's unwise to throw the baby out with the bath water, there is NO ONE who has done more to support gun ownership and shooting sports more than the NRA, PERIOD!
So while I voice a decenting opinion on somethings I refuse to play into the radical BS that's soul purpose is to weeken our voice by divide and conquer our strongest allies!!
I don't believe that is their sole purpose, not for one minute. I just believe they have grossly lost their way in lieu of pocket-lining and back-scratching rich Fudds who donate LOTS of money to them, and that their moral compass is so f*cked up that they couldn't even find their way out of the parking lot. I do believe there are people running that dog & pony show, that that IS their mindset and ideals...The ones who hate black rifles, and think that everyone in the world only needs a SxS 12ga, and a K98 style bolt-action, and they sip brandy and smoke big cigars while hanging out in their million dollar lodge house on their multi-million dollar high-fence hunting preserves. Those are what we call "Fudds". They don't believe anyone should own one of those newfangled semi-auto "assault rifles" that's only been around for almost 70 years now...And the Ak has been around for almost 80...And prior to May 19, 1986 people could walk into a store and buy the REAL (full-auto) versions, and there was not any problems, but all of a sudden in the last 20 years it's become an "epidemic" and must be stopped... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No I mean the real issue not the reaction of people working to the solution. What's your solution to the mental health issue and gun ownership WHILE working in the construct of the Constitution!
The original construct of the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution is unrestricted in ALL aspects other than the person MUST be a US Citizen. It states that ALL citizens (regardless of age, sex, religion, color, etc...) have a right to own a gun (doesn't specify what type, therefore that means anything goes), and they don't even mention people who have criminal records not being allowed to own guns. It just states that ALL US Citizens have a right to bear arms...Period...Full-stop. No restrictions.

The mental health crisis started when they shut down all the asylums, and sent the inmates to run for the Democrat, liberal, and green parties. :cool:

Yes sir, it used to be that once you paid your debt to society ALL of your rights were restored. They would hand your guns back to you when you left the jail!

But we have big Govt Totalitarian Authoritarians on both sides that have been playing us for over 100 years. We are no longer FREE in America any longer.

Why in the world do we have to FIGHT the politicians so hard to get are rights back to carry a gun in any fashion fir self defense. This is absurd. I'm W.Va. We fought like hell for Constitutional Carry. The Police State Democrat Governor vetoed the bill. Fortunately, we had a strong Pro-2A congress that over rode his veto.

3 years now, and no blood in the streets and daily shootouts like the Bloomberg group said there would be.

I see other state fighting their asses off yo get it but fail. A state like Ohio has open carry, but if you put a coat on with out their permission slip, they make you a felon.

That's not freedom folks.

The original construct of the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution is unrestricted in ALL aspects other than the person MUST be a US Citizen. It states that ALL citizens (regardless of age, sex, religion, color, etc...) have a right to own a gun (doesn't specify what type, therefore that means anything goes), and they don't even mention people who have criminal records not being allowed to own guns. It just states that ALL US Citizens have a right to bear arms...Period...Full-stop. No restrictions.

The mental health crisis started when they shut down all the asylums, and sent the inmates to run for the Democrat, liberal, and green parties. :cool:

If your interpretation, which is what that is, of the 2nd amendment is as you state ALL US Citizens had the right to arms then your asylum and prison inmates have a right to arms as well, a murder, rapist, or just a nut bar has a right to walk around armed. So do you think that is the intent and consequence the founders intended?

If your interpretation, which is what that is, of the 2nd amendment is as you state ALL US Citizens had the right to arms then your asylum and prison inmates have a right to arms as well, a murder, rapist, or just a nut bar has a right to walk around armed. So do you think that is the intent and consequence the founders intended?
Sure...Of course they did. They just got done whooping up on King George with as little resources as possible...Including criminals, young men, women, slaves, etc... Everyone helped in the fight. Therefore, to them, a "well-regulated militia" was anyone who could pickup a gun and shoot it, or could help in battle.

As for the whackos and criminals running around with guns, sure, they'll have guns, but everyone else and their mother is also armed, and will not have the fear of using it to protect themselves. You infringe on someone else's rights, you got shot... That's how it used to be before Big Brother took over. Was there crime? Sure was. But people also handled themselves back then, too, without fear of losing everything just for defending themselves, their family, or their property.

Wow, you are technically correct mud, but also personally covered in mud....

Let's not forget that the documents that our most wonderful country are legally bound to follow were also most wonderfully designed to be modified............seems like one heck of a lot of people on this site like to totally ignore that fact......if any of them want to discuss that I'm right here....In my youth (I'm not young at all, almost 50), I won multiple national awards for my interpretation of the constitution.................bring it on......

When Marrion Hammer refers to people who want to see the unconstitutional NFA abolished, as "the enemy within", then the NRA has a problem. When Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox openly suggested the unconstitutional bumpstock ban to Trump, the NRA has a problem. When they help write every piece of anti-gun legislation for the last 100 years, the NRA has lost its way, and has a VERY serious problem.

As a matter of fact, it is quite documented that the NRA told Reagan to sign the Hughes Amendment, and that they would later fight it in court under "unconstitutional grounds", but, once again, they lied, and didn't. You can look up a lot of this info, just use google. There's not 1 source for it, you'll have to do your own research.

Exactly......proof outside FOX news....

Sure...Of course they did. They just got done whooping up on King George with as little resources as possible...Including criminals, young men, women, slaves, etc... Everyone helped in the fight. Therefore, to them, a "well-regulated militia" was anyone who could pickup a gun and shoot it, or could help in battle.

As for the whackos and criminals running around with guns, sure, they'll have guns, but everyone else and their mother is also armed, and will not have the fear of using it to protect themselves. You infringe on someone else's rights, you got shot... That's how it used to be before Big Brother took over. Was there crime? Sure was. But people also handled themselves back then, too, without fear of losing everything just for defending themselves, their family, or their property.[/QUOT

I'm from Kansas....red red red.....I carry everywhere....even through Denver....Speak to the choir.....but for Christ's sake let's as a group start being f-ing real......or shut the f up

I'm from Kansas....red red red.....I carry everywhere I go, even though I know that totally unnecessary ....even when I travel through Denver....Speak to the choir.....but for Christ's sake let's as a group start being f-ing real......or shut the f up

every time I hear someone bash the NRA, it makes me think of this little ***got:
David-Hogg-Annoyed-2.jpg

I'm from Kansas....red red red.....I carry everywhere I go, even though I know that totally unnecessary ....even when I travel through Denver....Speak to the choir.....but for Christ's sake let's as a group start being f-ing real......or shut the f up

What? Not that I agree or disagree. You're incoherent. Sentences, bub.

every time I hear someone bash the NRA, it makes me think of this little ***got:
David-Hogg-Annoyed-2.jpg

That kid is just a front man. Not even a good one. He's kind of faded away now.

Let's not forget that the documents that our most wonderful country are legally bound to follow were also most wonderfully designed to be modified............seems like one heck of a lot of people on this site like to totally ignore that fact......if any of them want to discuss that I'm right here....In my youth (I'm not young at all, almost 50), I won multiple national awards for my interpretation of the constitution.................bring it on......

Yes, to add rights and protections for the people from the Govt, not deny them and Make the government more powerful over the people. The Constitution was designed to restrain the Govt, not the people.

Consider it brought...

No, they were not, unless a 2/3 convention of the states agrees on a ratification. Which will NEVER happen. Also, the Bill of Rights is not a living document, and was never meant to be. The reason they can never take those rights away from us, are because those rights are NOT given to us by the government. They are given to us by our Creator. They are only reaffirmed by the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution. It even says so in it.

Whoever you were competing against must have really sucked at reading comprehension.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.