NRA Announcement

so where does giving a little stop? some screams load enough so you give them a little to pacify them, them pretty soon their screaming again, so you give a little to pacify them again. where does it stop?

I honestly don't know that answer... BUT I think that at times in our circles we think we have the political power or shear numbers to preach about the 2nd Amendment... and as a whole we are losing numbers. We are 2 or 3 SCOTUS justices away from loosing a ton of rights...

Personally, I think that it would go a long way if we could have some sort of licensing like we have for drivers licenses.. You need to show that you are physically and mentally competent every few years... AND if someone goes out and uses you gun to commit a crime then you are responsible..

I know what I am saying probably isn't popular but look at what happened at this years elections.. We got our rearends handed to us. The world is changing...

I guess we have two options... Fight for everything and then lose in the end or compromise and be realistic and still have our guns..

I really am starting to believe... Those that shouldn't have guns have WAY to many and those who should don't have enough

J-

We do not have any more of a chance in changing the outcome than we did in the 2008 or 2012 presidential elections. We are simply out numbered by the voting forces they recruited by giving them "free Stuff"!! People, we are the minority, sad but true. I for one will not give an inch and I will stand my ground if they come here for trouble.

Jeff

I am not playing devils advocate or even trying to encourage gun restrictions but....

Ok... So we put more officers in schools. What about Malls, Movie, Theaters, Rallies.. etc...
J

We're all on our own at malls, movie theaters, rallies, and other places of public assemblies. If a building is privately owned, they can decide to provide security if they want safe secure customers. We don't have to go to them. Or if we decide to go, we can be prepared to defend ourselves. We can be armed in my State in malls, movie theaters, rallies, and many other places of public assembly.

The kids in school don't have those options. If our laws force them to go to school, then it seems we owe them some level of safety and security which improves upon current practice, to help ensure their safety. At the latest school shooting, the best defense available was 'please don't hurt us'. Staff and students were sitting ducks for a blood thirsty killer - by the time law enforcement arrives the gun smoke has cleared the air and the carnage is complete.

I guess we have two options... Fight for everything and then lose in the end or compromise and be realistic and still have our guns..
Or compromise and loose them all any way, anybody that thinks the anti's will ever stop untill there are no more privately owned fire arms is, mistaken. And when the 2nd has been chipped away so as to be symbolic at best, what do you think they'll go after next? I'm betting the 4th, it has to. at that point we have one helluva mess NOBODY wants.

I really am starting to believe... Those that shouldn't have guns have WAY to many and those who should don't have enough
J-
I agree with you to a point, though I'm reasonably certain that we have different views on what those points are. :)

The way I actually see this playing out though is much the same way it did with clinton, they'll pull a bunch of crap, **** a huge # of people off, then for the next 8 years things will get reversed as it did with Bush, then we'll be right back into it again with the next presidential messiah

I honestly don't know that answer... BUT I think that at times in our circles we think we have the political power or shear numbers to preach about the 2nd Amendment... and as a whole we are losing numbers. We are 2 or 3 SCOTUS justices away from loosing a ton of rights...

Personally, I think that it would go a long way if we could have some sort of licensing like we have for drivers licenses.. You need to show that you are physically and mentally competent every few years... AND if someone goes out and uses you gun to commit a crime then you are responsible..

I know what I am saying probably isn't popular but look at what happened at this years elections.. We got our rearends handed to us. The world is changing...

J-

So you are advocating for gun control..... The second gives us the right to bear arms period. We've been compromising away our rights since 1934. Then in 68,86,94. Thats how it goes, they rip the shirt off your back one sleeve at a time. Registration leads to confiscation........ Just look at any other country its been done in.
Its not that they dont want us to have "assault weapons"...... Make no mistake that dont want us to have any weapons at all........How do they get this done....by people compromising away their rights One at a time.

The real problem is how do ya stop the crazys.......im with NRA on this one "a good guy with a gun".

So you are advocating for gun control..... The second gives us the right to bear arms period. We've been compromising away our rights since 1934. Then in 68,86,94. Thats how it goes, they rip the shirt off your back one sleeve at a time. Registration leads to confiscation........ Just look at any other country its been done in.
Its not that they dont want us to have "assault weapons"...... Make no mistake that dont want us to have any weapons at all........How do they get this done....by people compromising away their rights One at a time.

The real problem is how do ya stop the crazys.......im with NRA on this one "a good guy with a gun".

I agree with this 100%. It's time we go the other way and handle the problems like it use to be done.

Jeff

I agree with this 100%. It's time we go the other way and handle the problems like it use to be done.

Jeff
+1. They could start by seriously enforceing the laws we already have.
I believe 100% that if the crazys had to worry about someone shootin back some of this crap ya hear wouldnt happen:)

no one wants to take or accept respondsiblity for the actions of this one person. and none of us should have to, what we do have to accept respondsibity for and this is what the NRA is stating is FAMILY VALUES are failing. most of us over 50 were taught do unto others as we would do unto you. get involved with your kid dont let society raise them. children require direction, every one of these young men that has commited the these acts of extreme violence lost touch with family somehow somewhere in their lives. i am not in any way shape or form in favor of gun control of any kind. but if we as firearms owners and users dont work to change our image as the creators of violence we will all lose in the long term.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.