NP-R1 reticle thoughts

jlvandersnick

I see a lot of used Nightforce scopes with the NP-R1 reticle for sale. I do know the reticle has been discontinued by nightforce. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the reticle is not very popular.

I see a lot of used Nightforce scopes with the NP-R1 reticle for sale. I do know the reticle has been discontinued by nightforce. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the reticle is not very popular.

I love it. I have two nightforce scopes, both with the NP-R1 reticle. I literally have zero complaints.

I thought I answered this post but I didnt see my response so lets try this again. I have one and really like it. I have no complaints. Its simple and works.

I had the NP-R1, and now have the NP-R2. I like the 1 better, I miss it. I also did not know it was discontinued.

I have one and really like it. The only downfall I see is that each windage hash is 2 moa instead of marks for each moa but its not a big deal.

thank you for all of your thoughts. I am looking for something that will ultimately be used for hunting. I am currently using Leupold Mark 4's
I have since learned that the reticle "lines" are thinner than some. Equivalent to the MOAR T, versus what is in the MOAR.

Do any of you have trouble seeing the reticle in low light conditions? I'm 57 and my eyes really struggle in low light.
again thank you so much for your time.

thank you for all of your thoughts. I am looking for something that will ultimately be used for hunting. I am currently using Leupold Mark 4's
I have since learned that the reticle "lines" are thinner than some. Equivalent to the MOAR T, versus what is in the MOAR.

Do any of you have trouble seeing the reticle in low light conditions? I'm 57 and my eyes really struggle in low light.
again thank you so much for your time.

Yeah the np-r1 is hard to see at dusk, but if you set the illumination correctly the solution is just a click away.

I have an ATACR 5-25x56 enhanced with the MOAR-T reticle and a friend who owns a NF with the NP-R1 reticle. I have shot his rifle and as I recall, the NP-R1 reticle MOA lines and vert. & horizontal lines were 'heavier' that those in my ATACR.

I have one NP R1 and one MOAR reticle. I like the NP R1 a lot but really like the floating cross hair in the MOAR. My thought for the discontinuance of the NP R1 is likely the popularity of the MOAR. I think that, at least with the people I know, the NP R1 was very popular until the MOAR reticle was introduced.

Yes it can be hard to see in low light but it's a catch 22 fine reticle for precise long range shooting or thicker reticle for low light. I would say go thinner and get illumination. I'm on the other side of the fence I don't care for the floating crosshair on the moar.

I currently have this reticle on my go hunting rifle. I'm 66 and have old eyes that do struggle, especially in low light. At first I didn't think I was going to like the reticle and was second guessing my decision in purchasing the scope. But didn't fell I could afford new so purchased this one used and felt it was a decent buy. After getting use to it and using it along with being able to illuminate it if needed I have gotten so I like it quite well. If and when I can afford to look for another scope I sure wouldn't be afraid to purchase another one with a NP-R1 reticle. This is my 2 cents worth and not sure if it's much help to you. Have a great day.

Count me in as another NP-R1 lover! I've got two and see no need to change

I have an ATACR 5-25x56 enhanced with the MOAR-T reticle and a friend who owns a NF with the NP-R1 reticle. I have shot his rifle and as I recall, the NP-R1 reticle MOA lines and vert. & horizontal lines were 'heavier' that those in my ATACR.

Not true! the NPR1 reticle is .062 vs the MOAR-T in the ATACR at .065 while the original MOAR was a thick .140.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.