NP-R1 or NP-R2

Strick9

I am curious as to what you owners think between the two,,my use would be whitetail to elk size game at 100 -800 and maybe further,, IT seems that the NP-R1 is suited for a more accurate breakdown of MOA and thus shoud allow the shooter to have a more accurate elevation and windage adjustment..which do you prefer???Kind Regards...

With regards to the R2, what is the purpose of 5MOA between bars on the horizontal line - how would this actually be used in any meaningful way ? It is certainly much too wide for any type of accurate windage adjustemetns using just the reticle.

Wouldn't it make more sense if the 5 MOA was 2 MOA, similar to the vertical line ?

I agree with ya! 2 moa would be more useable I dont get to 5 moa till I reach a 900 yards but I belive thats in a 10 mph wind what if winds were in the 20mph range. Still argee just as easy to dail 1-3 moa.

I have the 1R and simply love it! Not busy for me at all. The nice thing with NF, don't like it...doesn't cost much to switch out...

My .02

Wade

The 5 MOA spacing on the NP-R2 is the reason I went with the R1. I don't like dialing windage because I crank the sucker the wrong way half the time. The 2MOA marks on the R1 horizontal line are better for windage hold offs IMO. I'll admit the R1 is a little busy but after using it for a while you get used to it. I like the 1 MOA vertical spacing because I can either dial or use the reticle. I have tried dialing in 11 MOA at 600 yard and then returned to zero and held over 11 MOA using the reticle they had the same point of impact. If I buy another one it will be a NP-R1.

David

I use R2s simply for the reason that my eyesight is not great and I find the R1 fuzzy when I spend alot of time looking through the scope.
Now if my eyes were better I would likelt go R1s as the spacing makes more sense for minor comeups without having to touch the turrets.
Both work great, it just personal preference.

I have both. I use the R1 for F-Class and long range Target. The R2 is easier for me in hunting situations where placement may not be as critical. (meaning 1 inch one way or the other is probably not going to make that much difference)

I have and use the R1. The 5 MOA windage from the R2 was a bit too wide for my "holding" needs on the range and in competitions.

JeffVN

Guys ,, thankyou for all the information.it is exactly what I needed I am going with the R1 as my eyes are good and I overanalyze everything..Kindest Regardss....

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.