Now I'm Ready for LRH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it utterly amazing how people mount scopes....lol

Got enough rings on that scope? You only need 2, one front and one out back if, the rings are properly aligned, the bore is concentric and they are torqued and threadlocked to the ring/scope manufacturers specification.

The extra rings were/are a total waste of time and money.....

Like Ed stated, the mount is only as secure as it's weakest point. Find the weak link and improve on that. Besides a braked 338 only recoils like an unbraked 308.

I find it utterly amazing how people mount scopes....lol

Got enough rings on that scope? You only need 2, one front and one out back if, the rings are properly aligned, the bore is concentric and they are torqued and threadlocked to the ring/scope manufacturers specification.

The extra rings were/are a total waste of time and money.....

Like Ed stated, the mount is only as secure as it's weakest point. Find the weak link and improve on that. Besides a braked 338 only recoils like an unbraked 308.

Ok? I do well out to 1750yards for now. The rings were free the base has 30moa I have all the time I need and I like the way it looks. You want to see one with 2 rings I have pushed to 1900 yards? Ok Ok Here You go. Both Torqued to proper inch pounds..

*** LOL. to bad the real issue lies below the scope and rings, with the "oplock" system.

No Issues, I'm torqued down to proper inch pounds, the optilock 30moa base does well. Do you have any idea what I'm Talking about? Plus it's spelled OPTILOCK NOT OPLOCK. GOOGLE IT.

Speaking for the both of us, whatever floats your boat. Your boat isn't our boat.

Personally, I'd never post up a picture on a publically viewed forum (such as this) of any platform with 5 rings on one tube even if they were free.....

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, functionality is another issue.

Dorky is dorky no matter how it's spelled.

Lets see the print at 1750, talk is cheap.

Have a nice day.....:rolleyes:

Speaking for the both of us, whatever floats your boat. Your boat isn't our boat.

Personally, I'd never post up a picture on a publically viewed forum (such as this) of any platform with 5 rings on one tube even if they were free.....

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, functionality is another issue.

Dorky is dorky no matter how it's spelled.

Lets see the print at 1750, talk is cheap.

Have a nice day.....:rolleyes:
First of all it's PUBLICLY not "publically", I will do as I Please. Your sense of humor is as dry as a pair of BUZZARD LIPS. Dorky is how you would define the way you answered this simple post. I am fully aware of what it takes. Boat? ***? Look Cheap is your Rifle.. I have been in this game long enough. Bullshitting would defy the purpose of owning such Rifles. I have made hits out to 1750 on a 24"X24" metal Plate , Landing 4 out of 12 shots. There is no print or video, I posted to get some laughs. Are you guys owners of Rifles that can accomplish these tasks.
I don't know why, but I have never been called a Liar so here.

Sako TRG 42 338 Lapua Magnum 1:10 Twist
Lapua Brass Fire Formed Trimmed 2.720 (0.002 neck tension)
Federal 215M
Retumbo 93.3gr
300gr Berger OTM .010 Jammed
OAL 3.765
Lands at 3.755
Ogive to base 2.875
Averaging 2875 fps
2 inch groups at 700 yards
80 degrees Fahrenheit
Mohave Dessert 2/2011
24"X24" Man Size Metal Plate
12 shots Landing 4
I will be out again, this time I will film all of it accomplishing even further distances with 5 Rings on my Scope.

If they are all steel rings he probably just added another pound of pack weight. I'm sure one good set would hold better than 5 cheap ones any day. My 2 cents.

This is funny, do you guys know each other?

All Internet strangers. The stereotypical American saga: Flip and I both from Podunk MI; livin' on farms, eatin' mayonnaise sandwiches, poopin' in outhouses, putting 2 rings on our LR rifles.... We run into CLEVER..... From HOLLYWOOD.... This dude has 5 Rings on his scope. 5 RINGS. Do you know what I'm Talking about?

Us farm boys ain't from no big city, and never seen us such a sight. So we do what we've always done - we lash out. Sad, really.... And so predictable....

Clever, thanks for letting us have a little fun at your expense. I can honestly say I've never seen a scope set-up that way. But it is unique, and there is something to be said for that. And your Rifle pics and shooting speak for themselves. If I ever see a dude blastin' targets waaaaay out there rockin' 5 rings, I'll introduce myself. :D

It was just for fun, if I priced the steel rings with the base. it would cost more than some of your rifles. Thanks to the guys that got it and had a good laugh.. Peace to my Brothers that were offended, It was fun to read all your posts.. Good luck.

CLEVER

All Internet strangers. The stereotypical American saga: Flip and I both from Podunk MI; livin' on farms, eatin' mayonnaise sandwiches, poopin' in outhouses, putting 2 rings on our LR rifles.... We run into CLEVER..... From HOLLYWOOD.... This dude has 5 Rings on his scope. 5 RINGS. Do you know what I'm Talking about?

Us farm boys ain't from no big city, and never seen us such a sight. So we do what we've always done - we lash out. Sad, really.... And so predictable....

Clever, thanks for letting us have a little fun at your expense. I can honestly say I've never seen a scope set-up that way. But it is unique, and there is something to be said for that. And your Rifle pics and shooting speak for themselves. If I ever see a dude blastin' targets waaaaay out there rockin' 5 rings, I'll introduce myself. :D
Don't forget us stupid country folks from Alabama, too. We get lumped in there alot, as well. We eat mud pies and impregnate our relatives.... :rolleyes:

I was hitting the side of a dirt mountain from 3,000 yards away. Wasn't necessarily where I was aiming, but I watched it impact and it made a dirt poof. Can that count for my long shot? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.