Nosler Long Range shorting hand loaders

Tall

WP_AccuBond-LongRange-Banner.jpg

EDITED:
Tall, please tone it down. -- Len Backus

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you get so attached to a bullet you haven't been able to find?

Stuff is tighter right now, no doubt, but introducing bullets (marketing) that won't be available for some time isn't new.

Once upon a time the companies we know as major players today, found their niche, because the Remingtons, and Winchesters failed to see the market.

Todays entrepreneurs have to contend with a changing political climate, but someone will take the risk. Perhaps not an American company, seeing a lot of .22LR stuff with names I can't pronounce, from places I haven't heard of on shelves.

There's been a couple of LR Accubonds ads in the classifieds in the last week.

Yeah we're all feeling it, but stay flexible, we survived Nosler blowing themselves up, we'll survive this.

Dangit.....Looks like I missed all the fun. I was too busy voting the Dems out of office after work (election day here).

Well Mudrunner hopefully we get some officials that aren't afraid of hard work, expect those who can work to do so, don't mind the extraction of resources needed to build stuff, and aren't interested in doing away with the only industry that's thrived with the current administration in office.

OP was frustrated by the same issues of shortages we all have to one degree or another.

The ABLR's will start trickling out again around late November...trust me, they're making bullets (and rifles) as fast as they can do so without sacrificing quality.

And thats fast enough for me...

Last edited:
I have some friends that have been shooting the Nosler Long range ammo. I refuse to pay
$70.00 a box for ammo. I shoot Berger 168 grain bullets in a .284. I would love to try the long range bullets but they don't want my business. If I had the money I think I would become an ammo manufacture.

Well Mudrunner hopefully we get some officials that aren't afraid of hard work, expect those who can work to do so, don't mind the extraction of resources needed to build stuff, and aren't interested in doing away with the only industry that's thrived with the current administration in office.

OP was frustrated by the same issues of shortages we all have to one degree or another.

Hopefully...

I'm not paying for ANY factory loaded ammo...its all waaaay too expensive for me....even the cheap stuff.

Me either... Haven't bought any centerfire ammo in years. Not only hasFederal always quit making the ammo my guns like after a few years, they also steadily jack the prices through the roof.

So ai said screw it...Reloading is the only way to to.

I apologise for coming off over the top and a little extreme. I understand we all have to keep level heads. I think that evil prevails when good people sit back and do nothing. I am a hunter and hobbiest long range shooter, hand loader. I am venting my frustrations because what our world has come to is broken.

My point is that many of the ammo companies have figured that they can buy up all the gun powder, load there own premium ammo, sell it for 700% profits. I guess they can do that if they want but it doesn't make it right. I may be wrong in the way I view this but this is how I see it.

What I know is that it will take 6 months to a year to find enough of the kind of gun powder to load my loads for just a handful of supplies. It used to be when I need powder I could run down buy a pound of this or that depending on what product sounded like the best. Now we can't even find a can of powder of anything usable. Want to buy a good quality bullet to load, good luck with that. You better be hitting every sporting good store every gun store every week. Who has time and money to do all of that. I just think more of us need to be asking more questions and holding people accountable. We should be asking "why?" and making companies and government answer the questions.

I understand that Guns and emotions such as anger don't mix. We have to keep level heads but at the same time we don't have to sit back and do nothing.

My point is that many of the ammo companies have figured that they can buy up all the gun powder, load there own premium ammo, sell it for 700% profits. I guess they can do that if they want but it doesn't make it right. I may be wrong in the way I view this but this is how I see it.

Really?

I think what is happening is that initially there was panic buying because of a change in national political power. As the panic buying began we all bought 5 times as much powder and bullets as normal when we finally found them, if we found them.

Companies like Berger have quadrupled their production capacity for this same reason.

I am not aware of any knowledgeable re-sellers going along with the conspiracy theories. They know that as soon as they receive a truckload of powder or primers or bullets, retail customers place unusually large orders and the truckload is gone.

Rather you and I are the problems. We finally find some components for ourselves and we buy as much as we can because we don't know when it'll be available again.

A couple years ago I remember a fellow I know was describing how many primers he bought when he found some. I went through the numbers with him and it turned out he didn't even realized he had just purchased 17 years worth for himself.

In the past he (and you and I) would buy maybe 6 months worth. If enough guys buy 17 years' worth what do you think happens when your neighbor goes out looking for his own source the very next day.

He comes home and tells HIS neighbor (you or me) that he can't find any for himself. He tells us it's a conspiracy by the manufacturers.

...A couple years ago I remember a fellow I know was describing how many primers he bought when he found some. I went through the numbers with him and it turned out he didn't even realized he had just purchased 17 years worth for himself.

In the past he (and you and I) would buy maybe 6 months worth. If enough guys buy 17 years' worth what do you think happens when your neighbor goes out looking for his own source the very next day.

He comes home and tells HIS neighbor (you or me) that he can't find any for himself. He tells us it's a conspiracy by the manufacturers.

Precisely :) Good example ^^

Sound logical thing to say. I hope things get better now that our neighbors have there 17 year supply. I think Berger has a done a fine job from what I can see to keep the shelves stocked. I am seeing more boxes of berger bullets in 500 count than I see in 100 count.

I hope people come back to there senses soon. I am sure there are opportunist also that have learned how to find supplies and hord them up creating a frenzy so they can resell items for a nice profit.

The other thing that is irritating is the fee for hazmat that is being charged for shipping gun powder. That is just nonsense. Another case of somebody taking advantage just because they can. When have you ever heard of ammo or powder exploding during shipment? Probably never, but I could be wrong.

I am happy because we live in a country were we still are able to own guns, Hunt, fish, camp, and enjoy the beautiful Country God has given us. I hope that never changes. May we all keep a level head and God bless.

A Box of Nosler Accubond bullets are readily available at most stores. Probably because they cost $70 a box. I know it doesn't cost them $10 to make the box of ammo. There is no reason to charge that kind of money for a box of ammo. Weatherby is another example of ammo that is over priced.

Walk into most any sporting goods store and look at the shelf. You will find a supply of most ammo. What you wont find is Gun powder, Brass, Bullets. So I guess all the re loaders are to blame. Hopefully things will get better.

Idiots are buying up all the retail powder, bullets, and brass, and it's sitting in their safes waiting for the apocalypse that will never come.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.