Norma vs Win brass for 300 WSM

How is Hornady neck thickness variation? As bad as Winchester?

How do you know which Winchester to cull?
I've never used Winchester so I can't compare. But hornady necks varied .001-.002. Enough that I started using the expanded ball on my whidden die or an expanded mandrel. Concentricity and neck tension was more consistent that way.

As good as Lapua and Petersen brass are, I do the same. For hunting rounds I use the Wilson seater with a press. I want to feel the bullet being seated.
I only have the Norma brass for the 300 WSM as well as a few Win factory round's brass and a new box of Nosler brass.

For this Nov elk hunt I will use my existing Norma/165 TTSX/StaBall load. Then worry about a new load.

As good as Lapua and Petersen brass are, I do the same. For hunting rounds I use the Wilson seater with a press. I want to feel the bullet being seated.
I've been using wilson dies for all my seating functions for a long time... it's definitely my preferred seating method.

I seriously doubt Lapua will ever consider the WSM/WSSM cases. They can't keep up with what they make already.
Every request helps:

From Lapua,
Hi Xxx, No news yet as to whether the 300 WSM will be added. Its been a more popular request lately but we haven't heard of any official plans yet. If they are going to add it for 2022, we'll likely know more info around SHOT Show timeframe in January. I'll add this request to our ongoing list though. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Xxx
Technical Support
Capstone Precision Group, LLC
24732 Randall Rd. | Sedalia, MO 65301
Tel: 660.460.2802

Not trying to derail this thread, but I have tons of 30 yr old once fired 270 win brass in, Remington, Federal, and Winchester.
Wanted to do a 270AI or 270Sherman. Was wondering if the old win brass is better than Nosler for fire forming. I have 280AI Nosler brass I can neck down. Thanks