norma or edge

Norma is typically good quality brass. But know to be soft. Often used for its softness testing to see pressure signs. All I have loaded looses primer pockets fairly rapidly when loaded to max.

Jeff

Well the whole reason i started this thread was because i noticed how much cheaper the rum brass on midwayusa. So after a few more glances I noticed bertram 408 cheytac brass is only 50$ per 20 on a few websites. Can i throw in a curveball and ask about kirby's allen mag? Couldn't i just load them light to save barrel life? I know this is a beast of a cartridge, but i dont know much about it. Has anyone tried to shorten it?

Not trying to rob your post but what about a 338 Norma mag improved??? Gain some fps and still be short enough for a repeater. Just a thought. I know the Norma mag is getting some use in 1000yd benchrest and they are the most picky shooters out there as far as accuracy. I think it would be a longer barrel life alternative not to mention a little different from the norm.

I have worked my 338 Norma up to max at 2825 and backed down to 2750 I'm on 8 reloads and counting. I loaded compressed load in 340 91 gr 7828 w/225 12 reloads that's Norma brass made for weatherby. A friend of mine just built 300 Norma imp 230 at 3150 safely can't remember barrel might been 28.I would shy from cheytac type you are getting to not pack able type gear in my mind.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.