noobie girlfriend

Mrs. 4kedhorn here again!

Glad you liked the response.

I will add a couple of things I missed though. Short stocks. Gotta get them if the woman in your life is going to be shooting. Last year I hunted chuckar all season with my husbands shotgun. No problem on the recoil, but shouldering it took extra time and reduced the number of birds I actually shot (nice to be able to blame it on the gun, isn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) Now I'll only look for shotguns in a ladies/youth stock with about a 12 1/2 inch pull. She also needs good clothing...boots, jackets, gloves, etc. Did I mention boots? Women with cold feet are generally not fun to be around.

Oh and the wine and picnic I mentioned above should only come AFTER the shooting is done and the guns are put away. We can't be advocating drinking and shooting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

M.

Here's to this topic. I started my little Philippina with an XP-100 .17 Mach IV. We were shooting jugs of water out to 300 yds. or so, and of course she was loving it. I finally got her trained on a small rock @ 400, and she nailed it 1st shot. The rock is in my den now, signed and dated by her. Got her into TVHM in an article i wrote several years back (actually that's probably the only reason i sold the article). She's standing next to a cardboard cutout of a coyote i sometimes use to check long-range shooting holding my AR (out on the prairie wearing shorts and sandals, no less).

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and the wine and picnic I mentioned above should only come AFTER the shooting is done and the guns are put away. We can't be advocating drinking and shooting.

[/ QUOTE ]
In full agreement!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
well I set the spotting scope up and let her see what was really going on, The "mate" was eating the face of the dead one she put down the scope and blew the "mate" into a fine spray pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to get off topic...but that's classic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts