No Retumbo or H1000 any options?

I only use IMR 7828 in my 7 mag. Ramshot LRT is close to Retumbo. I haven't used it but it should work if you want a slow powder. I have a stock pile 870 that I use in my 7mm STW.

Ok, hate to say it because only few Spots still have some(but I have plenty). Ramshot Magnum is right between retumbo and h1000 On burn rate scale. It performs awesome in my 300PRC but does run a little hot in my 300RUM. Accuracy has been great and it literally loads right between (grain for grain) between the retumbo and H1000. There are several places with stock but it is going away quick. I will probably continue using it even after the shortage goes away. It has been a lifesaver in my shooting

What is another extreme powder option for 7mm Rem Mag? Components I'm using is 168 Berger hunter, Nosler Brass, and CCI 250 primers. I'm not a fan of Reloader 22 due to pressure spike in hot temperatures.
I'd give IMR7977 a try. I use it and H1000 in my 7mm LRM and yesterday Bruno's had it in stock. In fact I'm developing a new LRM load right now for a 175 ABLR.

Ok, hate to say it because only few Spots still have some(but I have plenty). Ramshot Magnum is right between retumbo and h1000 On burn rate scale. It performs awesome in my 300PRC but does run a little hot in my 300RUM. Accuracy has been great and it literally loads right between (grain for grain) between the retumbo and H1000. There are several places with stock but it is going away quick. I will probably continue using it even after the shortage goes away. It has been a lifesaver in my shooting
And I've been playing with Ranshot LRT. It's kind of off the radar but that is changing. I managed to get 32 pounds which should be enough to burn out the barrel in my .338LM. Meters beautifully and a tad slower than Retumbo if I was guessing. I think it's similar to RL33 but in a ball powder.

Last edited:
I only use IMR 7828 in my 7 mag. Ramshot LRT is close to Retumbo. I haven't used it but it should work if you want a slow powder. I have a stock pile 870 that I use in my 7mm STW.
When I was using 7828 I noticed my velocities constantly varied. If I developed a load during the winter and tried to shoot it in the summer. Same thing happened when I used Reloader 22.

I will see if I can pick some up. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.