No Coyote today

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Clayne B, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Clayne B

Clayne B Well-Known Member

No Coyote today...
    It was very windy this evening, but pretty to make up for it

[​IMG]

2. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Wow - great pic! thanks for sharing.

Better luck next time.

3. Clayne B

Yeah try try again... lol its fun to just get out. even if i dont get anything

4. emn83

emn83 Well-Known Member

I think it says something about your success rate that NOT getting a yote is newsworthy...keep it up, you'll keep getting more

5. kbaerg

kbaerg Well-Known Member

Like the mountains and view, I'm jealous, I always say "A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work"

6. Clayne B

Went out again this evening, I took my 5 year old daughter with me. I had a Coyote charge in bouncing like a deer threw the sage brush, it stopped about 10 yards from me. but all i could see were its ears. it ended up going down wind of me and it was outa there. She got to see it all, it was very cool, afterward I asked her did you see it? She said "DAD WHY DIDNT YOU SHOOOOT IT!!!" it was great!

[​IMG]

7. rscott5028

rscott5028 Well-Known Member

Priceless!!!

My daughter (17yo) and I were hunting deer last winter and a coyote passed by disappearing into the brush. She googled and downloaded a dying rabbit call to her iPhone and called it back out. He won't make that mistake again!

-- richard

8. D.ID

D.ID Well-Known Member

Priceless follow up.........and to the first post and in general I believe even an uneventful day hunting is still a PRETTY good day.

9. COBrad

COBrad Well-Known Member

Looks like a beautiful day friend... HEY! there's that red dog again!

10. Clayne B

Nothing this evening... but it was nice to just sit there

[​IMG]

11. Clayne B

Had to work about 50 miles from home so I made a stop to see if i could call anything in, I seen 1 coyote at about 250 yards, i seen it run between one tree and the other. But i never seen it after that. All in good fun

[​IMG]

12. COBrad

COBrad Well-Known Member

Living where I do in western Colorado, I think I'm a lucky man. I think you are too. Great pic of that red dog, nice background too.

13. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Maybe it's age or maybe it's just overal maturity but I can go hunting and not take an animal. I'm pretty content taking pictures and just seeing wildlife and being at one with nature.

I like to solitude and no one atound to pester me, like my wife......:)

Could be why I farm too.

14. COBrad

COBrad Well-Known Member

I worked at ranching and as an outfitter for almost 30 years before back injuries forced me to find another way to make a living. I really miss the solitude of the ranch.
    I'm with you on the enjoyment of just being out hunting. I was out hunting marmots last weekend when I came upon this coyote. I picked up my rifle to shoot, and he just stood there looking at me, from maybe 40 yards? I wished hem well and watched him go. That felt better than shooting him would have.
    Now you couldn't have told me that 30 years ago.