nikon warranty service issues

buckyne

Has anyone else had issues with warranty work from Nikon? Recently had to send in a monarch ATB bino set as the rear diopter twisted out of the binocular. They repaired the binos and shipped them back within 3 weeks. I was disappointed to find that the service dept had removed the front lense covers and failed to return them. As of today I have made 11 phone calls and spoken to 3 manager or supervisors and have finally received an email from some at Nikon corporate office ( 5 WEEKS after getting the binos back from Nikon) that the parts are currently out of stock. No ETA provided for when I can expect the parts to ship.

In my last phone call to Nikon I told them that I expected resolution this week. So far nothing, nada, zip. I am about to dump every last piece of nikon glass I own for a competitor.

Anyone else experience similar frustration? Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them to actually DO something to make it right?

Appreciate any feedback.

I would write them a letter. It helps to identify the persons to whom you have spoken.

I had an old 6-24 Nikon which would not focus. They wanted to see the original receipt, which was still in the box. With that, they repaired it free of cost to me.

Sorry to hear that, I had the opposite. I sent them a scope that got damaged by abuse and they fixed it and sent it back no charge two weeks or so later. Hope it works out for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.