Vortex Customer Service/ Warranty

Okanogan

I have read many stories about Vortex's excellent customer service and warranty- all positive. I have two Razor HD AMGs 6x24 scopes and a Razor HD 1x6 scope which have never needed support beyond the time I lost the little scope adjustment tool that came with the AGMs. Vortex promptly sent me a replacement tool, which I thought was pretty good.
Recently I bought a Sig Sauer Kilo3000 rangefinder binocular that did not come with lens covers for either the ocular or objective lens. In my search to find something after market that would work on the Sig range finder, I noticed that the Vortex Fury range finder looked very similar in size and shape and it came with both types these of lens covers. I tried to find a set of Vortex Fury lens covers but with no success. I eventually called Vortex customer service and asked them to sell me a set but they couldn't do it. Their customer service instead shipped the Fury lens caps to me for free along with some nice swag. They did this even after I told them I wanted the lens caps for a Sig range finder. I hesitated a little in making this post because I don't want to encourage folks to abuse Vortex's customer service, but I wanted to recognize a company that is willing to go that far above and beyond in providing customer support. Should anything go wrong with any of my Vortex scopes in the future, I have good confidence that I'll get support to fix the problem.

This forum goes a long way towards separating the wheat from the chaff concerning warranty. I buy almost everything based on how a company treats you after purchase.
I don't want something for nothing but when it says lifetime warranty I take that to mean my lifetime. I could list the illegitimate companies I've dealt with but won't. Instead ill say Leica,Leupold, Bushnell and Vortex have been good to me concerning warranty.