Nikon Prostaff 4-12 with mil-dot reticle

ogreshooter

Nikon Prostaff

Anyone actually run one of these? I am looking seriously at it for use on an AR-15 for coyotes/vermin under 300 yards...maybe 400 if one pipes up and I see him.

Good reviews/bad reviews? All I can see and find are positive reviews with the occasional "junk, buy a USO or some other eleventy thousand dollar scope".

Thoughts? Mil-dot only available at MidwayUSA. The scope fits my needs, good price if it is a quality optic.

Let me know. gun)

You may want to check ebay or other sites if you dont want the mil dot they do have other reticles bdc or duplex I think, you can get new ones on ebay shipped to you for around 160

We use the 3-9x40 and 4-12x40 prostaffs.........Have several of each with the bdc reticle and I love them. Since I started using them a few years ago so has my Wife, Dad, Brother, Nephew, Wife's Grandmother, Uncle and a couple of coworkers. Switching from mid and low leupold and higher end burris and quite thrilled with the results on all fronts. That should tell you something. The scope snobs are always out there and it's unavoidable some twit figures it is junk because you did not spend two grand on it but they have good glass and hold a zero even under some pretty hard use. Obviously they are not high end with bells and whistles but they are best bang for the buck out there. I have not used there mil dot prostaff yet and just saw it on midway for the first time last week but based on our luck with them so far I would say Try one and I bet for the money you'll be pleasantly surprised. $164 from midway right now......good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.