Nikon Precision Scope Promo going on now

what scope or, scopes from Nikon would be comparable to vortex pst or sightron S111? 6-24x50 range? features ect? thanks Bart..

CB, The scopes you asked about are up there with Nikon's MONARCH Series of optic's. All glass surfaces fully multi-coated and built tough. I am a big fan of Nikon's MONARCH 3 4-16 BDC Reticle. Excellent clarity and the BDC reticle lets me dial in my rifle/scope/ammo for maximum longrange accuracy. I guess that's why Spot On has almost 1.5 million users!
Check out the promo, I'm sure there's a scope that will work for you. I think once you take a look down the tube you will be throughly impressed. Believe me, If I didn't have hands on knowledge of the above scope I wouldn't recommend it to you.

looking into the monarch, it seems the 6-24x50 class are only 1/8 moa click values and not alot of elevation travel to work with. not sure if these would work well for me or not. the 4-16X50 class have 1/4 moa adjustments and alittle more elevation travel but not enough magnification for what Im thinking my needs are. To bad they dont have a reticle for wind holds also.

30 MOA of adjustment on the vertical for that MONARCH 3 scope, most guys using this optic also have a 20 MOA base which helps considerably.If you are using a .308 with 20 MOA base you should be able to get out to around 600 yards. I do find that a lot of guys are using this scope for fine paper punching inside of 200 yards.
Check out Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program, it has windage adjustment's in clicks. Very helpful for sustained winds. It is free on line and there is also an app you can buy for your apple/android phone.

I have a 7mm remington mag that I am having built. I am not too knowledgable on scopes, but I do know that price is a huge factor consideration for me. Can the monarch series be used out to 1000 yards with a 20 MOA base?

7 mm Rem.Mag.,One of my favorite big game cartridges.Using the MONARCH 3 4-16 BDC Reticle you can reach 1000 yards. Of course making a successful shot at that distance is another story. So many things to take into consideration. I am a big fan of Nikon's BDC Reticle. I tried out one of the first to show up, long before Spot On made it so much more accurate.
Here is a screen shot showing you what the 7mag will do on 16 power. Note distance at the top of the post. As you go down in magnification the distance increases. I used the Winchester 140gr. BST's that I shoot.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/P-223%203-9/ScreenShot2014-02-06at40121PM.png

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.