Nikon Mon or VXII

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Nomosendero, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

I have a 6X18 Leupold with the long range reticle. My brother had a scope failure just before our trip to WY., so I took my 6X18 off my 308 & installed it on his 25-06 . Well, now with hunting season over he would like to buy it. I know that I can buy a 4x16 Monarch at a very special price & have several dollars left. To those who have the Monarch or possibly both of these, how do they compare.

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010

3. wasgas

wasgas Well-Known Member

Monarch is hands down much better glass than any VX-II I have seen, I think they compare to the VX-III and are even better in some cases.

4. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

I had a long range target range on my farm for years and a little shop so I got to compare a lot of stuff. In a head to head between the Nikon Monarch and the leupold vari x 3 the Monarch came out ahead in every category except weight. The Monarch is light years beyond a vari x 2. No comparison there. Get the Monarch. The monarch is brilliant glass for that price range.