VXII vs VXIII

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Frank7mm, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Frank7mm

Frank7mm Well-Known Member

I have several varixIII and one varixII. should I be concerned that the II may malfunction on a heavy recoiling gun or not trak as good. Should I sell it and get a VarixIII or is there not much difference?:rolleyes:

2. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Well-Known Member

Better glass in the VX III and the 30 mm tubes.

Everything else is pretty much the same.

3. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

Not all the VX-III's are 30mm tube. The VX-III has the matched index lens system where the VX-II has the Multicoat 4 lens coatings. The Matched index lens system provides for a sightly clearer and brighter image. The new VX-II's are the same as the old Vari X-III's, so they will hold up to the recoil no problem.

4. Frank7mm

Frank7mm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I purchased a 6-18 target and was starting to regret it. I have several 6.5-20 LR and just didn;t want to spend the money. For only 2x less the 6-18 is a fair deal.

5. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

the vx-II are a nice scope. I've had them on light weight (=hard kicking) 7mm rem mag where I always shot factory 175's and it never varied. The VX-III are even clearer but I wouldn't worry about the ability of either to handle recoil...