Nikon 2x7x32 problems

Waynard

I've a Nikon 2x7x32 pro staff scope that wants to shoot to the right. When ever I adjust 1 to 3 clicks left bullet impact stays the same. Then if I click 4,5,or 6 times bullet impact will move 2 to 3 inches left. It will not make the small adjustments needed.

Sounds like the adjustment screw or springs are bound up. It's normally a good idea to go past the adjustment you want and then back down to it. Particularly when you are decompressing the spring, that would be moving right or up. Since you're moving left it seems odd. You still might want to try and dial to the right quite a ways to loosen up any binding or tension and then dial down to your adjustment. Say you wanted to go 2 clicks left. Start by going 8 clicks right and then dial 10 clicks back to the left. That might release or at least overcome the tension that is binding it up.

Either that or send it to Nikon. They have treated me great with customer service.

I have heard of this happening one other time and I made the suggestion to turn the turret all the left or right then count back 160 clicks, that will be mechanical zero,right in the middle of the 80 MOA of adjustment. Also remember that scope is set for 1/4 inch adjustment at 50 yards.
Keep me posted and if the problem continues I'll help you get it returned.
I have 3 of them and they work great for my training needs.

p22b.jpg

Thanks for the info. I tried moving the turret all the way out and back to zero, bore sighted, fired two rounds, adjusted to zero and fired two more rounds.They where about 1/4 inch off zero. Fired two more rounds and they went 2.5 inches right. Sending scope back to Nikon!. Don't get me wrong, I have Nikon scopes on most of my weapons. They are very good scopes. Sometimes you get a bad one.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.