Nikon Monarch zeroing problem

greggy99712

I've got a remington 700 with leupold bases and high rings. shooting a Monarch 3 6-24X50 scope. With a 200 yd. zero, I'm just about out of clicks to move the impact point up. I want to get the custom caps built, but don't have any more elevation to play with. Any answers appreciated.

What is that rifle chambered in and how far do you want to shoot? That scope only has 30 Minutes of available internal travel even with a canted based or shimmed base that small of an adjustment range will really hinder stretching out your rifle. My advice would be to sell that scope and get on with more internal travel. But depending on you cartridge and range goals a shimmed or canted base could be just the ticked. Out of those options I would go with the canted base in 10 or 15 MOA or get some Burris Zee rings and eccentric inserts those wont stress you scope like shimming the base can if you have a two piece base. Hope this helps.

Nikon says I can get the custom turrets out to 1020 yds. I'm shooting a 30-06. I;m thinking that I don't need any more clicks down than what I need to zero at 200. So if I get a base that will give me all my clicks going up I might be in the game. Probably just dreaming, but the gun shoots like nothing I ever had and I really like to use it to it's full potential.

Attachments

• DSCF2440.jpg
    DSCF2440.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 79
I just ran some numbers with that bullet at 2650 fps 4500 feet 30 minutes to 1000. Its doable but depending on your altitude and weather it may not work out. One thing to check is if your windage is centered that can eat up elevation travel if it is biased to one side. Which brings up the issue of windage correction dialed for your shot not allowing you to get your full travel. Some scopes also behave funny when biased to the extreme limit of their travel. I'm not saying you won't be able to make it work but it would be much easier with more travel to work with. Let us know how it works out for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.