Nightforce Velocity 1000 or GSeven ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Mandomax, May 31, 2013.

1. Mandomax

Mandomax Well-Known Member

I am undecided on whether to buy a Nightforce with the Velocity 1000 reticle or a GSeven scope. The scope is for a Remington Sendero in 300 RUM pushing 200gr. Accubonds. Any opinions would be greatly appreciate . Or MOAR ?

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. Mandomax

Never mind going all out with Nightforce ATACR !

3. Firetec

Firetec Active Member

With the velocity 1000 are you stuck with only one load at one condition?

4. Mandomax

Nightforce has a Velocity Reticle Calculator on their website that will allow you to match a reticle to your current load ballistics to withing .50 MOA. . If your load changes or you want to use your scope on a different rifle, the Velocity™ reticle will function as a “standard” reticle by using the main reticle intersection for your chosen zero point. Your velocity reticle will no longer be calibrated for accurate holdovers.

5. Firetec

Firetec Active Member

I love nightforce products and own a few of them (npr1)(moar). I just don't see the reason to go with the velocity for the fact that loads and rifles change.

6. Crusty Buck

Crusty Buck Well-Known Member

I agree, if you want lots of quick reference points I would think a good mil-dot scope would be the best answer. Does NF make a choke sight?

Crusty Buck