Nightforce sub vs vortex pst

ppoole

I have a 22-250 with a Krieger 1:9 twist barrel and need to put a scope on it. I do not have the funds to spend 2000 on a nightforce nxs like I would like. Has anyone compared nightforce shv or vortex pst. Please give me your opinions or advice.

I have a 22-250 with a Krieger 1:9 twist barrel and need to put a scope on it. I do not have the funds to spend 2000 on a nightforce nxs like I would like. Has anyone compared nightforce shv or vortex pst. Please give me your opinions or advice.

the shv is hands down a better scope. the pst is decent, but they tried to cram a whole lot of features into an affordable package

Thank you I thought it would be but I have not been able to compare them. is the glass still really clear on shv

No experience with the vortex. But do have the shv and have been very happy with it so far. Another scope that I believe would be a very good scope is the sightron siii. I have some of the cheaper si and sii and they have been fairly nice scopes. Good luck

Thank you I thought it would be but I have not been able to compare them. is the glass still really clear on shv

the glass is very nice on the shv. it is very nice on the pst as well, but not on the high end of the magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.