Nightforce PDA Program Help

Jackal11

Good Evening to all,

So I will start with I'm not the most IT savy person in the world but I'm having some issues with getting the NF ballistic software to download to my Dell Axim x50 PDA. It is showing up as waiting to download and says it will do so during my next hotsync. I have tried everything that I can think of but still cannot get the download to happen. I have contacted Dell they were not any assistance with the issue. I do not have the origional Dell PC software but I have downloaded everything it says that it required. Any suggestions or info is greatly appreciated. I dont know if it might be an issue on my PC. I have an older desktop that we do not use anymore that I pulled out to do this. I thought I was having issues with the PDA but I took it into a tech shop and was told everything was good to go with the PDA.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Christian

If you are having trouble synchronising to your PDA from your Desktop.

See if you can just transfer it onto your PDA memory card. You might even be able to put the card into a camera or something else and download to that.

Then put the card back into your PDA and open the file with it.

If you can't get it to work. Get an Android mobile phone and use "Shooter" ballistic software. Its great mate!

Intstead of relying on this through syncing which may or may not be set up to link this specific file, install the file on your computer and drag and drop it.

1) Copy the NF software to a file "my documements" or such on your computer
2) Plug in the cable on your PDA/Axiam
3) Go to "computer" Drag the file from your computer to your PDA
4) Click on the file on your PDA, should prompt you to install.

Dig,

Thank you for the assistance I will give that a try this morning as well. Hopefully I can get this to work before I loose the rest of my hair :D

THanks again

CB

I'm wanting to purchase and load the nightforce ballistic software on a desktop pc, laptop, and pda. I'm heard that they offer a combo pack but am currently unable to find it. can anyone help me? i'm also having trouble finding out whether my pda is considered a pocket pc or palm, it's an hp ipaq does anyone know? the last issue i'm confronted with is im currently running two different os. my desktop is running microsoft office enterprise and my laptop is running windows 7. are these both compatible with the software or am i going to have to load a different os? any help would be very appreciated. thank you!

You can order both programs from Optics Planet, better yet order the exbal program directly from exbal, thats what the Nightforce version is only less reticle choices and branded "nightforce". Google searcg exbal and you will find them and a direct download.

Yes your ipaq is a Windows Mobile based unit (now called Windows Phone)

Yes it will work on your Windows 7 based system, email or call exbal they can run you through everything and are great to work with. I would recommend that route.

Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.