Nightforce NXS 50mm vs 56mm

helidriver72

Hey guys I've got a 338 edge being built on a Sendero platform for hunting and shooting at 1k plus. My question- Is the 56mm obj. on a 5.5x22 that much better than the 50mm. Does it justify the extra bulk ? I plan on carrying it as much as possible. Thanks.

14 minutes?? That is a stretch. I don't think you get 14 min from a cheap simmons to a Swarovski. Maybe three or four minutes. I'd get the 50 if it were me. We've got the new high speed turrets in most of the popular reticles.

14 minutes?? That is a stretch. I don't think you get 14 min from a cheap simmons to a Swarovski. Maybe three or four minutes. I'd get the 50 if it were me. We've got the new high speed turrets in most of the popular reticles.

High-speed turrets?? can you give us some details on that.

The HST has 20 min per rev or 10 mil per rev vs. the 10 moa and 5 mils on the previous scopes. Just NF trying to compete w/some of the higher end scopes w/tons of adj in one rev. Should be a good deal. They are $1864 shipped to your door.

I've got a NF w/ the 56mm Objective, and the low light capability is absolutely wonderful.........I've never looked through anything better during the last few minutes of legal shooting light.

But, If I were to do it again.......I would probably go with the 50mm. The 56 is really a huge heavy scope. At the time I got mine, 56 was all that they made.

I recently bought a Leupold VX7 with the 50MM objective, I am really impressed with the clarity and generous eyebox. I haven't yet compared it to the NF 56mm during twilight hours though.?.?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.