Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 -"movement in focus turret"

jcollie

Hey guys, I just brought a Nightforce XS 5.5-22x56 second hand. Ive noticed that there is slight movement when you try to wobble the turret for the focus.
I this normal? whay is this?
Thanks guys

Jcollie, tighten the hex screw on the turret. That should solve your problem.

Wildcat

Hey, I unscrewed the top of the turret and looked at all of the small screws under where the battery is held. I found no screws that were loose. The hex screw is where exactly? how do I get at this hex screw?
Cheers

I thougt tightening the turret srews would solve the problem. I would call Nightforce.

Wildcat

There is no hex screw to tight on the focus knob that I am aware of.............. Call Nightforce and talk to Jeff and describe your problem...I have 5 NXS scopes and I do not know what you mean when you say that the focus knob wobbles....................or if it does how to correct it with out sending it back to Nightforce...

When I say wobbles - Im meaning a slight movement between Scope body and focus Turret/ nob.

Hey guys, I just brought a Nightforce XS 5.5-22x56 second hand. Ive noticed that there is slight movement when you try to wobble the turret for the focus.
I this normal? whay is this?
Thanks guys

I just checked my 5.5-22x56 and there is a slight amount of movement in the parallax/focus knob but none in the vertical or horizontal turrets. Never noticed it before as I never tried to see if it would wobble or bend.:):) Both turrets are tight and have no movement.

I'm not too worried about mine but if it bugs you too much call them at 1-208-476-9814 and see what they say. If you do call, let us know what they say.

Thanks SS7mm, its nice to know that this is the case for another persons nxs also. Perhaps its normal.... who knows.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.