Nightforce 5.5-22 or 12-42 NXS??

Hell yes I'm interested...but...will they put up with the noise of this 300 Baer?

I really don't have much in the way of traditional coyote/predator rifles - such as a .223/.222

Chris,

That's surprising. I figured you'd get out alot farther than that with a 6.5-284. I guess it's in the base & rings (to a lesser degree). Anyone have a theory @ how one 20MOA base can let a fella get zeroed at 100 with 5MOA to spare, & the next one won't get BELOW 550????????????

I'm using a 20MOA base from Champion's Choice (can't remember the manf.) & Badger Ordnance rings on a Remington long action. Caliber is 7mmRUM. Scope is the same - NF 12-42x56mm with NP1-RR reticle.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I get the same results. I have a Savage 12F-TR with a Warne Tactical 20MOA base with a Nightforce 12-42BR on it. I have it zeroed at 100 yards and have 4.625 MOA to spare. I only shoot to 1000 yards and need 30MOA of elevation so I guess I got lucky!. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.