Nightforce NXS 12-42 advice required.

Rockatansky

Hello everyone,

I own a Savage 110BA in 300wm. The rifle shoot's incredibly with 190 grain SMK's at 3000fps. Since purchasing the rifle I have been using a scope which I already had and while it has worked well it was never designed at long range shooting and thus it's time for it to go.

I have been looking all all brands of scopes from Leupold to S & B and everything in between and they all seem great. I had decided on a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 when a friend of mine offered me his 12-42x56 NXS. His scope is only twelve months old and has hardly been used and I am able to buy the scope at less than half the price of a new model!!

I'd love to hear from users of this particular model as to your experiences with the scope. I read on the nightforce web site that this model has 45moa of elevation adjustment compared to 100 for the 5.5-22. Considering I have a 20moa base on my rifle what would be the maximum range which I would be limited to?

Thanks in advance for your advice.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.