Nightforce base and ring height

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Stevanda, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Stevanda

Stevanda Member

Hi all , I need a set of rings and a base for a Rem SPS in 7mm magnum.I am thinking about a Nightforce 20MOA one piece steel base and a set of Ultralite rings.The scope I have for this rig is a NF 5.5-22x50. I want the lowest set up I can get away with but still need enough room for some Butler Creek scope covers.Would a set of .885 rings work for me ? Any comments greatly appreciated.Cheers Steven

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Steven, I have set up a few this way. You are close, it will come down to barrel contour. The 1.0's will be safe the .885's I am not sure but I feel it will be close depending on the size and taper of the barrel.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Jeff

3. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

I've used the .885's with the 56mm NF and a Sendero contour without a problem. I did have to trim the NF cover for it to fit.

With the taper of the SPS and a 50mm objective you should have ample room for caps.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

MagMan, was that with a NF 20 moa rail? I have a 300 going together with a sendero contour and may need to get some .885's too.

Thanks!
    Jeff