What ring height for nightforce?

shooterpunk2

Hey guys, my dad has a Savage 110fp with Badger 20 moa scope base and Badger medium rings. He is going to get a Nightforce 3.5x15 scope but was wondering if his medium rings will work the 56mm and caps or if he should get the 50mm. Thanks guys!

Thanks for the info, now comes the reticle choice. My dad is thinking he wants the np-r1 reticle now. A couple questions about it:

1. If I understand the description, each little tick mark is 1 moa correct?

2. Does the magnification have to be set at a certain power in order for the tick marks to be 1 moa?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help!

The NP-R1 is 1 MOA elevation and 2 MOA windage and stays that way on a First Focal Plane Scope. It has to be on max power for the MOA's to work on a Second Focal Plane Scope.

It is a good reticle in my opinion. I have one. I still dial for elevation and windage. The reticle can be used for range estimation in the event of range finder malfunction, and they will malfunction at some time.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.