• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Night Vision package

I am not going to go into as long a discussion as it would require to fully answer your question, but I will answer it as seriously and briefly as possible. There are good thermal scopes out there. Is the same quality thermal scope cheaper than this setup, not even close, way more expensive. Can you make it to Miami on a moped, probably, but most people prefer a car. I am not saying a sports car, just a good quality car. You can buy a night vision scope for under $400. You can also buy a $40 Chinese made rifle scope for your $5000 custom rifle. Will it work??? Probably but not the same as Night Force. I am not saying the Thor is bad, but it is not on the same level as this scope, plus I have the monocular, helmet and IR illuminator and laser. You do not compare dollars, you compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges. If you are just hog hunting with shots under 100 yards, and without other animals (calves or deer) in the area the Thor might be a good choice. If you need to verify game at further distance, you need to do more research.

I've owned and used all of this. I am kicking myself for selling my D760. I still use my PVS14 regularly. I've used multiple thermals and multiple brands as well. They all have there place.

The D760 provides outstanding resolution and clarity as does the PVS14. Best with a little moon light. I have spooked many a game with the red bulb on the IR lights. Thermals work great once you have PID on your game.

You have some good ware so good luck with the sale.

I am not going to go into as long a discussion as it would require to fully answer your question, but I will answer it as seriously and briefly as possible. There are good thermal scopes out there. Is the same quality thermal scope cheaper than this setup, not even close, way more expensive. Can you make it to Miami on a moped, probably, but most people prefer a car. I am not saying a sports car, just a good quality car. You can buy a night vision scope for under $400. You can also buy a $40 Chinese made rifle scope for your $5000 custom rifle. Will it work??? Probably but not the same as Night Force. I am not saying the Thor is bad, but it is not on the same level as this scope, plus I have the monocular, helmet and IR illuminator and laser. You do not compare dollars, you compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges. If you are just hog hunting with shots under 100 yards, and without other animals (calves or deer) in the area the Thor might be a good choice. If you need to verify game at further distance, you need to do more research.
Thanks for the honesty. I would probably just be using it for coyote hunting here in Wisconsin. Met new friends in Texas this year pig hunting with knives and dogs. Also did some night hunting with thermal. So would like to purchase some gear. Going back next year again. Just not sure what to get want the best I can afford. Just a working class guy so don't have unlimited funds. Will think on it. You don't want to break up the package correct?

I would prefer not to break up the package but anything can be discussed. Would be best to "start a private conversation" from my profile page if you want to discuss anything more. Thanks. Night hunting is a blast.