NIGHT VISION EQUIPMENT

G

Long Range Hunting has been a great and interesting site to be a part of, and I am glad that it is here. As some of you may know, I manufacture and market a product of my own that is well received by military shooters however, has been a little bit slower in being accepted by hunters. This is changing as more and more hunters have become aware of practices, such as angle shooting and using the ACI. However, my question to all is this; how many of you enjoy hunting coyote's, rabbit, etc… and how many of you do this at night using Night Vision equipment?

Are you looking for someone to test your product? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I hunt them at night sometimes but it is under a full moon.

I have not night hunted yet but I have my NH permit. My idea is to look through my night vision and direct a laser pointer onto the couote and the shooter would aim at the red dot. This would allow us to remain in total darkness with no worry of using a red lens flashlight.

In Idaho the light can NOT be attached to the gun in any way so this almost requires two people in the field. I figure that using this pointing technique will also limit the movement of both hunters and will eliminate the noise of flashlight switches clicking on and off.

I hunt fox and coyotes at night and I use a lightforce 170 striker scope light it works very well i have a dimmer for it to save bat life and it uses a 12 volt 7 ah battery this is the best light i ever used it goes from spread to spot beam. You could see a coyote at 400 yds with it and he doesn't have to be looking at you and thats with a red lens!I shot a white skunk last week in the snow at 250 yds and he wasn't looking at me I noticed his shadow and then snapped the light on the gun looked through the scope and seen it was a skunk and that was it for mister skunk.I use a fox pro e call with 32 calls and a 700 yrd remote and i have there new jack in the box decoy, it works great!

All right guys… Here is what I'm up to. There has been a great need for NV devices as of late, most of which are going to OEF. However, I am excepting an opportunity to broker night vision devices. Because of this, I have these Scopes available for sale. They are available in 2nd Gen +, 3rd Gen B grade, 3rd Gen A and 3rd Gen A hand picked; 4X and 6X. The price may be an issue for many, except for those that really want Precision Shooting at night and a new experience. Since I am engaged and determined to expose hunters to this, I thought that I would first introduce the thought here.

d740_t.jpg

Price must be high. I noticed you didn't post any prices. Don't be bashful everyone here has tons of money to spend on every shooting toy that comes down the pike. Right guys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Some do, some don't. How 'bout posting a range of prices for us.

Summer nights, spot-light'n ontop of the mountain as a kid was a blast. Those memories will last forever. As an adult, calling and shooting coyotes late at night with good night vision equipment is something you just have to do for yourself. It's just too much fun.

problem with night vision scopes for a rifle is they really dont see any great distance......if you are trying to shoot past 100 yrds its not gonna help....with minimal light(quarter moon) i can do better with a big bell schmidt & bender......however, a low costing night vision scope works great on a croos-bow over a bait-pile in total darkness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
problem with night vision scopes for a rifle is they really dont see any great distance......if you are trying to shoot past 100 yrds its not gonna help

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me 1) How do you know this?
2) what kind of night vision equipment have you used, i.e. what manufacturer, what generation, what power?

If anyone lives close to me, or has freinds that live close to me, I am more than happy to do a night shoot so that everyone can experience the performance of these products for themselves. The NV Scope will have a quick release "stanag spec'd" mount for a Picantinny rail. You can use my rifle or bring and shoot your own. In fact, I will be in Cedar City, Utah on the 2nd of April. If anyone lives in that area, let me know.

Jimm: I know that the tubes are Litton and ITT. There has been changes at ITT from what I understand, however this is what is in stock. The manufcaturer I will need to get for you tomorrow. However, they have been evaluated by the US Army and have been found field worthy and to be of excellent build.

I should be so invisible when I hunt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Hey what gives ?, my post not controversial enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifC'mon W ,whatcha got and how proud of it are you ? Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.