NIGHT VISION EQUIPMENT

I see you Jim. I agree, seems we have to ask specifics to get an answer. Bits here pieces there.

Come on W lets have it. Give us your full blown sales pitch. I already told you not to be afraid. We love particulars here so feel free to give us technical info as well like the MOA adjustment range, focus features, battery types. The whole bit.

Ready? Go!

You guys.... Come on... I'll have the info tomorrow. I would like to include the spec sheets on these for your review. I Love these scopes. In addition to the fact that hey have properly calibrated mil dot reticles in them, the cross hairs have two different color settings; amber and red; and also adjust for intesity. Talk to you tomorrow.
-W

W,....im not selling anything, you are. instead of going through the list of equipment i have used tell me what yours does.(whats the specs? how far can you see with it?how much does it cost?)im getting a litle bored with the long drawn out drum roll.

D-740/760 Night Vision Weapon Sight

• Advanced Night Vision Weapon Sight

• Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticule

• 4x (D-740) or 6x (D-760) Configuration

• Durable & Waterproof

• Light Weight & Compact

• GEN II+ or GEN III Image Intensifier Tube

• Operates on 2 AA Batteries

• 60 Hours of Continuous Operation

• System Assembled in the U.S.A.

• Soft Carrying Case, Batteries & Manual Included

• Limited One-Year Warranty
D-740/760 represents combination of years of experience and the latest technological developments. The all-new design utilizes space-age materials to reduce the weight and improve recoil resistance. Standard features include a waterproof, nitrogen purged housing, Mil-Dot illuminated Red-and-Green reticle, high-grade multi-coated optics, and a low profile heavy-duty Weaver/STANAG mounting system. With guaranteed zero retention on heavy caliber weapons (including .50 BMG class), these are the systems of choice among Military and Law Enforcement professionals that have finally become available on the commercial market.

Assembled and tested in the USA, the D-740/760 is covered by One-Year limited warranty.

Technical Specifications

D-740 D-760
Magnification: 4x 6x
f-number: 1.5 2.0
Field of View (F.O.V.): 100 80
Weight: 38 oz 46 oz Eyepiece Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +3
Voltage: 3.0 V DC
Power Requirement: 2x AA 1.5V Batteries
Continuous Operation: 60 hours
Total MOA Elevation adjustment 160 MOA 85 MOA
Reticle type Mil Dot Mil Dot
Reticle Color Red / Green Red / Green
Covert Eye Cup Yes Yes

Image Intensifier Tube (export version*):
Generation: II+ or III
Photoresponse @ 28560+50K: 1200 A/l (min)
Photoresponse @ 880nm: 72 mA/Watt
Gain @ 2x10-6FC: 40,000 to 70,000
Signal-Noise Ratio: 16:1 (min) 27:1 (max)
Resolution lp/mm: 45 (min) to 64 (max)

Image comming soon.

There you go now. That is what we are waiting for.

I'm impressed with the battery life. 60 continuous hours on 2 AA cells. Not to shabby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

740b.jpg

760b.jpg

I can tell you that right now, there is cloud cover and it has been raining; I can see with clarity easily 1000 yards. Add the 1,000,000 candle spot light with the IR lens filter and it is daytime.

Brent: The 6x "760" is solid at 400 / 600 yards (depending on the light) and is capable of much longer distances. It is manufactured / assembled here in the US by Night Optics USA, Inc., and is of Mil Spec Build. They are located in Huntington Beach, California. 1-800-30-night. If you speak with them, mention my name.

Sorry about the late post here, didn't see this topic until just now.

Because of my work through predator control, I have done an extensive amount of night hunting of coyotes, most of it for predator control purposes.

I have yet to find any night vision equipment that has come close to meeting my needs for hunting coyotes at night.

Hunting at night can be very productive with a spotlight, but that requires the use of a partner. Almost all my work is done alone, and I can't get a good partner to run the light or do the shooting when I need one for night work. Hence me reason for exploring night vision equipment.

Comparing the two, my best night ever with night vision equipment yielded a whopping 3 dead coyotes and enough coyotes missed or unable to shoot at for whatever reason (due to inadequacies in the equipment) that it's embarassing.

With a partner and a spotlight, I've exceeded 10 coyotes in a night several times.

My experience with night vision equipment involves the Aries ATN Z4 III, the Aries MK-7900 Crusader and the Osprey International Gen. II scope.

My first qualm with all of the scopes was the lack of resolution quality. Like has been said, only under good conditions could I get good quality image pictures out to 200 yards. This proved to be a real problem when you get a jackrabbit walking through sage and you can't tell if it's a coyote or a rabbit because the image quality leaves so much to be desired.

Secondly, you have to use night vision goggles while calling to see the coyote approaching, and then switching to the scope you can't find the coyote because the clarity is too poor to pick out any defining features in the landscape where the coyote was when you switched from the goggles.

The scopes all needed to be babied to make them work correctly. Dust would cause problems in the their function. To make them work adequately you had to be paranoid about dirt, water and all the other things that you shouldn't have to worry about regarding your scope while hunting.

The crosshairs would wander really bad simply from casing the gun in your truck, driving a few miles down a dirt road and getting the gun back out. The vibrations from the washboardy road, which would be no problem to a quality riflescope really affected the night vision scopes I used.

Also, if I were to be working at night during the winter, attempting to use night vision equipment was futile because the battery would die fast in temperatures that you would hardly deem as cold (20-40 degrees Fahrenheit). Even with a fresh battery, as soon as the scope got cold, image quality suffered. The transition from cold night air, to warm truck and back, was detrimental to all the scopes I used.

I tried hard to find night vision equipment that would allow me one more facet to efficiently get my job done, but all the equipment I used was very inadequate.

I'm leery of going back, but will admit the equipment you're talking about is intriguing. Would you mind going into detail a little more as far as practical use and application of these night vision scopes?

Do they have high quality images out to 500 or beyond? What about on completely moonless nights? When you say the image quality is good, just how good are you talking? In comparison, are they better than the scopes I used by very much, or just one step better?

How much abuse can they take? If I were to use one just like a standard rifle scope, would they take the treatment or are they "fragile" like the other ones I've used?

Battery life looks impressive. How about at 25 degrees?

Thank you for your time.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.