night force nxs reticle choice

popeye

I am looking at the nightforce NXS scope in the 3.5-15 power. there are several reticle to choose from so those with experience, can you tell me which reticle you would choose and why. thanks for your input.

TMOA. And why not get the 5.5 - 22 since they weigh the same.
I should have said that this is going for a .260 that will be used mainly for hunting and shooting steel at 1000 yards or less. (longest place I can shoot steel so far is 800 yards)
I currently own a nxs 5.5-22 with the moar reticle that I really like although I wish it had the TMOA . I bought it a few years back and love it but for what a nightforce cost I want to make the right choice from the start. I have been looking at the velocity 1000 but that opens a whole other can of worms. (lv.5 mv.5 hv hv.5 hvm)
basically I think this will be that last scope I buy for a while and I want to get it right

I am going through the same process right now. I've been leaning more toward the velocity 1000. But not sure yet.

I have the R2 and I like it. It's marked at 2 MOA increments which is a little less *busy* than the 1 MOA hashes on the R1. The R1 will be a little more precise for holding on target. the R2 might be a little better for night shooting with an illuminated reticle since it's less busy? I think both reticles are great and your choice should be based on your needs and preferences.

For *me* the NP-R2 is a perfect reticle for hunting. It's very simple to use and easy to interpolate between 2 MOA. The reticle allows for holding on up to 20 MOA of drop without dialing, which gets me to about 1000 yds with my bullet trajectories

I have the R2 and I like it. It's marked at 2 MOA increments which is a little less *busy* than the 1 MOA hashes on the R1. The R1 will be a little more precise for holding on target. the R2 might be a little better for night shooting with an illuminated reticle since it's less busy? I think both reticles are great and your choice should be based on your needs and preferences.

For *me* the NP-R2 is a perfect reticle for hunting. It's very simple to use and easy to interpolate between 2 MOA. The reticle allows for holding on up to 20 MOA of drop without dialing, which gets me to about 1000 yds with my bullet trajectories
Thanks for the input and first hand experience!

Would you say the MOAR-T is better for varmint hunting say for groundhogs than the NPR2 and vice versa for big game?

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.