Nighrforce Fever !

Landkiller

I am ready to step up to a Nightforce scope. It will be used for shooting out to thousand yards . Recomendations Please, thinking about a 3.5x15 x50 NSX or maybe a SVH ? Thanks!

Look at the difference in weight between the NF your looking at and the 5.5 x 22. It changed my mind and I went with the 5.5 x 22.

Just food for thought.

I was in the same scenario when I was looking to buy a nf and decided on the
Nxs 5.5-22x50 NP-R1 with zero stop. I like to shoot with 11x but will turn the power up all the way when shooting past 800. On a good day with 22x I can spot my shots on a metal target. Hits at 1000yds will leave a black ring similar to the size of a silver dollar on metal plates.

MOAR T and Zero Stop is what I have. If you are using it for hunting, you might want to reconsider MOAR T since it can be difficult to see in low light conditions. I find the illuminating feature useless at these times also.

If the weight is a concern and you want to stretch it out and you want zero stop take a look at the 2014 NF Comp. 15-55. The glass is the best NF has and you CAN use all that power. 1000yd BR & F-Class shooters use them most. I LOVE mine. If you are not going to be crawling around in the mud and are not likely to launch your rig off the back of a truck. Your scope really does not have to drive nails ( like US Optics ) it just has to give you the clearest picture with the most magnification.....Right?....gun)................................:)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.