Buck fever ??

IMO it is the second greatest rush in the world:D, the trick is dealing with it. And if you don't get it, you are missing out... That adrenalin spike is like nothing else and why so many former pro athletes hunt, they say it is the only thing close to the competition high that is legal. I get it whenever I decide to take an animal, with varying degrees of course. Been hunting for over 30 years, have taken dozens of big animals but still get it, just know how to deal with it so it is enjoyable instead of a hindrance.

IMO it is the second greatest rush in the world:D, the trick is dealing with it. And if you don't get it, you are missing out... That adrenalin spike is like nothing else and why so many former pro athletes hunt, they say it is the only thing close to the competition high that is legal. I get it whenever I decide to take an animal, with varying degrees of course. Been hunting for over 30 years, have taken dozens of big animals but still get it, just know how to deal with it so it is enjoyable instead of a hindrance.
So what's the first?
I used to have a very hard time controlling it when I was younger. I can't say how I got control of it but I did. Now I usually don't get very excited until I see the animal hit the ground. That's when I know I have successfully completed my part and can celebrate.

So what's the first?
I used to have a very hard time controlling it when I was younger. I can't say how I got control of it but I did. Now I usually don't get very excited until I see the animal hit the ground. That's when I know I have successfully completed my part and can celebrate.

Oh, come on... It's why those bucks we are chasing loose their mind for a time, they dig it too...

I get it so bad I loose all control and it really frustrates me. As a kid I knew I had it bad...my family made fun of be because it was so bad. When I took up bow hunting I figured I needed to address it. I watched a lot of hunting videos and practiced my draw timing to the videos and got use to expecting big animals to show up. Seems I don't get it too bad with bow hunting but still have it bad with guns. I guess its limited with bow hunting because I'm thinking about all the little steps and details and get way more practice than with guns.

I get it so bad I loose all control and it really frustrates me. As a kid I knew I had it bad...my family made fun of be because it was so bad. When I took up bow hunting I figured I needed to address it. I watched a lot of hunting videos and practiced my draw timing to the videos and got use to expecting big animals to show up. Seems I don't get it too bad with bow hunting but still have it bad with guns. I guess its limited with bow hunting because I'm thinking about all the little steps and details and get way more practice than with guns.
I find it helps a lot to dial back the scope a bit and pay no attention whatsoever to the horns once I've decided it's a shooter. Concentrating then on shot placement and the fundamentals of shooting will help you at least as much if not more with a rifle than they do with a Bow.

Develop a mental checklist and just keep running through it until you feel the trigger break.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts