newguy from Oregon

dcoutur31141

Been interested in long range shooting for a long time, just haven't had the chance to do a whole lot of it. I shoot a modified Rem 700. It has a Dan Lilja match grade fluted barrel ,26"long with muzzelbrake. It's set in a Mcmillian fibreglas stock pillar bedded. ccaliber is 338 Win Mag. Need to do some load development at the range,but seem to find the time or the money to do much of it.Range is about 60 miles awayand at the price of fuel today you just don't run over there any time you feel like itgun)

Good to have more Oregon guys.
Where at in Eastern Oregon?
LGRPC is pretty close to most of union co. Virtue flat is where I used to shoot (not the range) when I lived in Baker, Richland, & Halfway. If your down by Burns, Delintment isn't snowed in yet, & most anywhere around there is great for near-far load development. If your by Vale I'd head out by Westfall.....can't figure 60 miles from anywhere I used to frequent exept Ontario. There's gotta be a closer place nearby you some way, some how.

Well, glad to have you here. Take care

winmag
I live in Hermiston and I belong to Lagrande Club. There use to be some places around here to shoot but the **** people would'nt pick up after them selves and the owners shut them down.

Ahhh yes, your kinda land locked between private, tribal, & city limmits there. I guess the gorge never crossed my mind. What about Ione? I wouldn't wanna have to fly over Cabage everytime I needed to do load development either. Hmmmm, well, if you wanna fling lead this direction sometime just fling me a P.M. with at least couple days notice.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.