Newguy from Alberta, Canada

jtoews110

Hello,

Just sayin' hello. I'm Jason Toews, from Bonnyville Alberta. Work in the oil patch and shoot, reload or hunt whenever I get a chance. I'm still shooting at mostly moderate ranges, 300-500yds. Getting to the point where I need to buy a scope with more adjustment(currently a 6-24 elite 4200 with 26 inches @ 100yds), or buy a tapered base to get past 500 with a 308. It shoots quite well out to 500 yds, but I need to find a place to shoot that has a 1000 yd range. I'm stuck at 500 because the place I shoot is the cut line on a quarter section and there is a large hill using up the other 300 yds.

Nice meeting everybody.

JT.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

It's always good to have another member from north of the border. Sounds like you're catching the long range bug.;) Good luck in finding a place to shoot long range.

From one who grew up in the prairies of Alberta down in Raymond, welcome to the site.

A little different from where you are, range was never the issue- as far as you could see.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts