Newbie Question

bnvldz

I've done some research, but probably not in the right place so here it is. I recently purchased a G7 BR2 Rangefinder and I have a Huskemaw 4x16-42 dialed in with a blue cap I got from Huskemaw. I just range and rotate the dial at whatever yards I need it at and fire. So, I've been told that I'd be better off to go with an MOA dial rather than the yardage dial for my G7 BR2 range finder so no matter the variance (altitude, temperature, and barometer and etc.) the range finder will just tell me what MOA to put my scope at and fire. So, my question is does my new range finder do the same thing with yardage? Thanks in advance.

Dial MOA from the output off your BR2. The yardage markers on your turret are assumed constants on too many factors to be precise. When they set them up, they take a constant temp, altitude, angle, humidity, a lot of factors that aren't going to be likely in real world. These things can make a lot of difference in drop at distance.

Your BR2 will take a lot of these into account in real time.

I see the MOA output on the BR2. However, I have a yardage dial on my scope. That won't work for the MOA application will it?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts